No start

hcheadd

Registered
Hello all. I have a 2003 Busa. I put it in dealer mode and got a code of -C00.
When I attempt to start all I get is a click sound from the ECU under the seat. Could I have a problem with the computer? Any help would be appreciated.

-C00 is not an error code, it's the TPS calibration window and it's correct.

The ECU doesn't click, you must be hearing the starter relay ....

How's you battery?

Hook up some jumper leads to the battery, if it starts, all good, if it still goes click, further tests are required starting with the starter relay and then the starter motor.

Battery is my guess. The ECU can go nuts when the battery goes bad. A load test will tell you. Several parts stores will test it for free (in hopes you’ll buy from them). Having many vehicles over the years I just bought a load tester.

-C00 is not an error code, it's the TPS calibration window and it's correct.

The ECU doesn't click, you must be hearing the starter relay ....

How's you battery?

Battery has full charge. Rechecked and found clicking noises from solenoid. Could that be the problem? Engine will not turn over.

Hook up some jumper leads to the battery, if it starts, all good, if it still goes click, further tests are required starting with the starter relay and then the starter motor.

Battery has full charge. Rechecked and found clicking noises from solenoid. Could that be the problem? Engine will not turn over

Battery is my guess. The ECU can go nuts when the battery goes bad. A load test will tell you. Several parts stores will test it for free (in hopes you’ll buy from them). Having many vehicles over the years I just bought a load tester.

Battery has full charge. Rechecked and found clicking noises from solenoid. Could that be the problem? Engine will not turn over

You can't just assume the battery is good because it has a full charge, either load test the battery or hook up jumper leads to verify the battery is not the problem.
Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, test everything step by step and in sequence.
Once you know for sure you have ample current to crank the engine, then you KNOW your battery is ok, THEN move on to the connections and the relay test.

He already said who she is in another thread, some babalicious guitar player...
he’s tryin to get next to.:lol:

Well.... my babalicious babester and I have broken up....:( :banghead:
Counselling lasted 5 minutes and I realised my one true love and soulmate is my bike! :race:
My Avatar is reset to normal.. BIKES!!!! :beerchug:

just this weekend had an experience like yours HCH, it turned out to be the clutch sensor.
Try bridging the wire and see if it turns over.

just this weekend had an experience like yours HCH, it turned out to be the clutch sensor.
Try bridging the wire and see if it turns over.
He said there was a 'click' coming from the starter "solenoid", (relay) so the clutch switch makes no noise at all when it's faulty (not working).

Back