No Start, Hot Engine No Start, Hot Engine Slugish Start. Think I Found The Cause.

ChicoTheCop

Registered
turns out my engine oil had water in it. not much i'm sure, because I recently changed the oil and it looks fine. but there must have been some. heres what I think happened.

somehow water got into the oil, with the engine heat the steam went up to the highest possible place into the starter covers, and since it can't get washed back into the fluid oil it mixes with the small amounts of oil present on the starter gears and turns into a gunk/paste. as the engine get hot that pastes moisture level reduces making the paste thicker causing more binding/resistance.

head gaskets seem ok. I haven't noticed any oil leaks or fluid leaks at all, (not Likely) maybe riding in rain got some water in? i'm also thinking the water got in from the starter seal "O"ring, reason I think that is that the starter cover is pretty long yet only the part near that ring was affected.

so either water got in from that oring or the vapor/mist/steam moved to its highest point.

what ever the cause
1, I don't see/smell any signs of fluid leaks.
2, when I changed the oil it didn't look like it had too much water, not enough to be visibly noticed.
3, I plan on changing the oil several times in the next couple of months or so to be on the safe side.
4, can't wait to end this "No Start Problem" its F-ing killing me.

Back