No power to coils

Beebermd

Registered
So while I'm waiting for a replacement motor to come in on my gen 1, I figured I'd make sure all the other components of the bike are working correctly. I'm kinda stuck on the ignition. I'm not making any spark nor getting power to the coils. No codes thrown, battery good, fuses good. Since the engine is shot, I took out the starter so when I hit the ignition button, I could see it spin with out actually turning the motor over ( i dont like the sound of starting a motor with a thrown rod) However I am not getting power to the coils, the coils are testing fine though. I'm thinking that it may have something to do with the crank position sensor. It tests good. But I'm wondering if the crank actually needs to move to tell the ecu to fire the coils. Since the starter is not mechanically hooked up, this obviously doesn't happen. Everything else tests out fine. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

One thought. Put the rebuilt motor in and fire that baby up. Obviously it was working.

only thing i can think of if its not the crank sensor then either a safety sensor or one of the other ones,

Back