No power Gen 2

So @Yellow09 i was going over so of the advice you guys gave me and came across this! So my question to you could my fuel pump ground have went bad because running a wire from the ground on the tank to the motor ground she came to life so I’m thinking fuel pump ground could be fried
So are u saying when u jump thr ground from thr fuel pump to the engine the fuel pump gets power or the rest of the bike gets power?

When I get home in a few days can look @ wire diagram in manual.
Yes the fuel pump has to be plugged into the bike for power. Not giving a hard Time, but does your TV work if not plugged into a outlet?
I was asking does the fuel pump have to be plugged in for the entire bike to power up dash not the fuel pump itself

I doubt the whole bike grounds itself through the fuel pump, but it's possible I suppose. Did the pump start running when you grounded it?

I would not bypass the issue and run a new ground.
Here is a wiring diagram.

774BE498-FCAE-4056-8BF6-10231EA38FF1.png

Do you have main keyed power (dash lights, head and tail light come on with key)?

I'd trace the wire leads from the fuel pump and check them very carefully for any damage (rubs, cracks. etc) then check the connectors.

Also follow the negative lead from the battery to it's ground source-take it off and clean it really well..

Do you have main keyed power (dash lights, head and tail light come on with key)?

I'd trace the wire leads from the fuel pump and check them very carefully for any damage (rubs, cracks. etc) then check the connectors.

Also follow the negative lead from the battery to it's ground source-take it off and clean it really well..
I only get keyed power when the tank was touching frame and also when I ran the jumper from fuel pump ground

I only get keyed power when the tank was touching frame and also when I ran the jumper from fuel pump ground

You have a harness wire issue then, the fuel pump would not normally act as the main ground for the entire circuit. Bypass the plug connector to the fuel pump, if you get power, the connector is bad.

Check your battery negative lead where it goes to ground on the engine block, take that out and clean it really, really good, use steel wool and a contact cleaner on the bolt and wire lead. take a Q tip with contact cleaner and move it around the bolt hole cleaning it out as well.

They corrode and sometimes you can't even see it.

Could be a faulty “engine stop switch” I believe that switch breaks ground with the fueling system. I would have to dig into a schematic on the big screen but just tossing it out there. Thanks for the mention @Yellow09....I’m late to the party as usual lol been crazy busy at the shop. The heat is torture to vehicles especially extreme use fleet vehicles.
That's where I was headed with it, the stop/run switch.

Back