No power Gen 2

Either the frame or the tank has power running through it. You're going to have to go through it slowly and find where a wire is hitting one of those.

The frame has a ground from the nitrous system on it that’s about it as far as I can see

Last edited:
I'm not meaning something is connected to the tank, I think there's a wire running somewhere that has been rubbed bare that is touching the tank or frame.

I'm not meaning something is connected to the tank, I think there's a wire running somewhere that has been rubbed bare that is touching the tank or frame.
oh ok I am not trying to pull the nitrous pc and air shifter off but if I have to that’s what I’ll do I might take it to the shop

If you do it yourself, do one at a time and check in between each one, or you won't know what is causing it.
Yea that’s what I would do process of elimination it’s gonna be another scorcher today so I’ll get around to it later thanks for all the help it’s greatly appreciated I’ll give an update! One question though the braided line from nitrous was laying across the engine ground could that cause an issue

Yea that’s what I would do process of elimination it’s gonna be another scorcher today so I’ll get around to it later thanks for all the help it’s greatly appreciated I’ll give an update! One question though the braided line from nitrous was laying across the engine ground could that cause an issue
It could, braided lines conduct current, but being across the ground it's unlikely. Unless another part of the line was touching something positive.
Keep us updated.

It could, braided lines conduct current, but being across the ground it's unlikely. Unless another part of the line was touching something positive.
Keep us updated.
Unless there's a crack in the ground wire casing somewhere...and the braided wire contacts the tank somewhere..lot of variables to look into...

I'm sure it's something simple and will warrant a "face palm" when found...

Update I am going to take the bike to a shop I deal with he has fair pricing I’ll let him figure it out I’ll update later in the week!! Also would like to know if any of you had an upper triple clamp so I could lower front end?? Thanks again for all the help

Morning! So as I said I’ll be putting the bike in the shop but he is talking about this week I can drop it off, but this morning I took a jumper wire from the ground of the fuel pump connection and touched metal and I got power so is it possible it could be the fuel pump ground and would it be safe if I splice into it and ground it

Like the gang said, check all your wiring for rubbing and fraying....sometimes when putting in aftermarket electronics a wire gets displaced and rubs through the casing...something is using the tank for a conduit, positive power is charged and when the tank is grounded it is completing the circuit...

this tells me a ground is not connected somewhere along that circuit, maybe the fuel pump?
So @Yellow09 i was going over so of the advice you guys gave me and came across this! So my question to you could my fuel pump ground have went bad because running a wire from the ground on the tank to the motor ground she came to life so I’m thinking fuel pump ground could be fried

So @Yellow09 i was going over so of the advice you guys gave me and came across this! So my question to you could my fuel pump ground have went bad because running a wire from the ground on the tank to the motor ground she came to life so I’m thinking fuel pump ground could be fried

It certainly points in that direction. I'm not good at electrics so maybe some of the other silver backs can chime in to guide you from here... @c10 @Kiwi Rider @ROADTOAD1340 @jeffgordons24 @Mr Brown et cetra

If it quacks like a duck....

Back