No power Gen 2

Busa_Skee

Registered
I am only getting power if my gas tank is making contact with frame!! What could it be a ground?? Any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Check and make sure the battery terminals are tight.
Yea they are tight, but when I lift the tank up and it touched the frame it sparked like a hot wire but I get all of my power back when It touches as soon as i put the tank down no power. Thanks for your input though

Yea they are tight, but when I lift the tank up and it touched the frame it sparked like a hot wire but I get all of my power back when It touches as soon as i put the tank down no power. Thanks for your input though
I would check and make sure the ground hasn't been attached ti the tank cause it definitely sounds like it's making its ground connection thru your tank and not the ground wire to thre frame or block

Run a jumper wire from your negative battery terminal to the engine block while the tank is up and if u get power back you'll know where to start looking

Look and see if there's a wire running between the tank and frame where the tank pivots. If so, has it got rubbed bare?

Look and see if there's a wire running between the tank and frame where the tank pivots. If so, has it got rubbed bare?
Ok I do have pc nitrous and air shifter so it’s a few wires under there!! The funny thing is if I turn the key although the dash, lights or switches don’t work my pc powers on

I feel the same way that’s why I’m trying to figure it out because that’s unsafe
Like the gang said, check all your wiring for rubbing and fraying....sometimes when putting in aftermarket electronics a wire gets displaced and rubs through the casing...something is using the tank for a conduit, positive power is charged and when the tank is grounded it is completing the circuit...

this tells me a ground is not connected somewhere along that circuit, maybe the fuel pump?

Like the gang said, check all your wiring for rubbing and fraying....sometimes when putting in aftermarket electronics a wire gets displaced and rubs through the casing...something is using the tank for a conduit, positive power is charged and when the tank is grounded it is completing the circuit...

this tells me a ground is not connected somewhere along that circuit, maybe the fuel pump?
I will take her apart today to check it out thanks for the help I really appreciate it

Ok I do have pc nitrous and air shifter so it’s a few wires under there!! The funny thing is if I turn the key although the dash, lights or switches don’t work my pc powers on
Check all your wires from end to end, there's probably one or more that are frayed or stripped. Especially where they pass under the tank.

I did notice a thin black wire running under the frame where the tank bracket mounts I believe its either from the nitrous or air shifter which comes off of battery neg but didn't look bare I'll double check that. thanks for the help

Back