No new busa for 2019?

busalife2016

Registered
So I search and search almost every week to see if there’s any news on the new busa. Never have I seen anything untell today on Suzuki’s website http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product Lines/Cycles/Products/Hayabusa/2019/GSX1300R.aspx I thought they could no longer sell the gen 2 anymore because of regulation stuff? Just shows bold new graphics, Same motor etc. I think Suzuki doesn’t even care anymore about the busa there more focused on other things rather than focus on the busa. There is a market for people like us dedicated busa riders!!! I refuse to ride a zx14!!! Hope I’m looking at this wrong but what do y’all think??

I also was hoping the gen 3 Busa would be a 2019 model, making it the 20th Anniversary Edition. For the life of me I can't understand why Suzuki is let this milestone go by without a new model release.

Truly, I would have used the current engine rebored to 1442 cc, the GSXR-1000 nannies and updated bodywork and cooling system to release a new model. I would update yearly to make it "perfect." But I understand Suzuki's strange situation.

Sales of the current Busa are strong here in the US, Australia, India, and parts of the Middle East. The current configuration of the Busa can continue as a "new" 2019 model in these countries. (just offering new colors)

I guess Suzuki doesn't view losing one year of "new" sales in Europe as a miscalculation; when considering the release of their next generation Hayabusa. As a strategic plan, Suzuki can "flood" Euro dealers with all remaining 2018 models offering reasonable incentives to entice new buyers and/or offer no interest loans for new buyers next year.

I remain steadfast and faithful, a generation 3 Hayabusa will be release. When that will be, only Suzuki knows. My '02 is currently getting a complete "facelift." I expect to keep it for years, eventually becoming my track day bike.

Is new Busa sales really that strong over here is Oz ... I have my doubts because we are a very small market compared to US and the other countries . The 1000cc and cruiser market I would of thought would be much better sales . Anyway , this is the official sales data for Australia 2018 so far , no mention of Busa , but it still could be just under the top 10 ??
I hope it is , for Suzuki's sake .

Busa sales really that strong over here is Oz

Suzuki is number 4 in motorcycle share market there, here is the link supporting that fact.

Suzuki is number 7 in motorcycle share for the world, again here is the link supporting that fact.

Top sales doesn't always equal top profits. Global revenue, minus global costs equal global profit.

One reason Suzuki started producing some Hayabusa's in India was to lower production cost to obtain higher profits. Another was to expand their global motorcycle market. Granted, the Hayabusa is not Suzuki's top selling model in any world region.

Now that Hayabusa's are produced at multiple factories, it's very hard to get yearly production numbers. Yearly sales are simpler to search for, though not easily accessed for free.

Last edited:
Suzuki is number 4 in motorcycle share market there, here is the link supporting that fact.

Suzuki is number 7 in motorcycle share for the world, again here is the link supporting that fact.

Top sales doesn't always equal top profits. Global revenue, minus global costs equal global profit.

One reason Suzuki started producing some Hayabusa's in India was to lower production cost to obtain higher profits. Another was to expand their global motorcycle market. Granted, the Hayabusa is not Suzuki's top selling model in any world region.

Now that Hayabusa's are produced at multiple factories, it's very hard to get yearly production numbers. Yearly sales are simpler to search for, though not easily accessed for free.

Yeah , but not the Busa sales itself in Australia , you wrote that the Busa sales are strong in Australia , and they maybe okay sellers now ( can't find Busa sales figures in OZ ) , but in their day ( initial model runs ) they were red hot sellers Down Under .

Yes, I agree. The Busa is not the top selling Suzuki there or anywhere.

Though to see it's steady sales and often increase in sales everywhere is awesome. For me, and to many; it's a mark of success.

the hayabusa is more than a sales figure .... its a SYMBOL... its an icon.... it grabs attention... its MORE than the sum of its parts...…. it dominates all manner of straight line racing to this day.... Im still waiting to see a 6 second h2 in prostreet(with allllll that new technology to start with)…. hasn't happened yet.... part of the problem i believe is the busa is a great bike right now (even though its dated)… and a turboed hayabusa would be shockingly expensive.... a big-bore reboot would be welcome but mundane IMO... think about it.... if Suzuki goes turbo/supercharged we are now living in a world of 22-25 thousand dollar hayabusas.... and THEN Kawasaki zx14 sales would probably take off due to the price difference.... and eventually Kawasaki would have to follow suit and go turbo zx14... now we are in a world of 25k dollar busas and 14s..... and there is no guarantee of sales success with a turbo platform..... I think Kawasaki is staring at Suzuki knowing that eventually the busa has to be rebooted.... and smiling..... knowing that its on Suzuki to take the chance with a major move.

We already think like that about the Busa , it has been written over and over again .... we are all waiting for Gen 3 , if not to buy , then to save our beloved Busa lineage . The Busa is the best bike in the world to us / me , but new markets like India are the only thing keeping momentum nowadays on sales success , the Gen 3 is needed and it better deliver the goods and continue the Gen 1 and 2's iconic legacy .

I just don't see Suzuki caring much about icons or images. How else do you let 2019 pass without a new Busa? How difficult is it to have a bike as iconic as the Busa, and then just waste the 20th anniversary with BNG? Suzuki seems to follow the beat of it's own drum. They build a great new Gixxer 1000 and then put garbage brakes and cheap parts everywhere on it so it can't be in the elite liter bikes. I fear Suzuki has lost the heart of the falcon and is now a corporate profit machine.

You have to ask yourself, what did Suzuki have before the Hayabusa? The GSXR line was and still is their bread and butter sport platform. If the Hayabusa ceases to exist, the GSXR will be their primary focus IMO.

Suzuki never re-entered the large bore sport touring scene since the old 1100 Katana. Other Japanese companies have been very successful with FJR1300, Concours and ST1300 but Suzuki never ventured into those. The point I am making is, people are buying sport tour bikes up but Suzuki never challenged the competition. It makes me feel as though they aren't that interested in the hyper bike scene any longer.

They did well with the GSXR, SV, VStrom and cruisers though.

The ZRX guys cried for 10 year's after bike was discontinued in 2005 for north America. About 2015 they finally gave up. The Daeg is the replacement in other countries but only 100hp. Be careful what you ask for as might get a neutered replacement like the ZRX.

I care!!! Growing up I seen many bikes but nothing like the busa. That iconic symbol on the side stood for something and I new 1 day I would have 1. I never rode 4wheelers or dirt bikes never even sat on those things but on 2016 I purchased my busa new. First bike ever people said don’t do it, you will kill yourself or can’t walk for the rest of your life. I didn’t care I knew that was the bike for me! Just disappointed they let it go or correction or are letting it go. Just purchased a brand new 2018 street glide special and I gotta say I love the thing but it’s no busa by any means so I told my wife if a gen 3 comes out or is announced I would be buying

DC8CDB2B-273F-4E6A-9CBF-770118A7F02C.jpeg

Back