No Mufflers?

sccrvettel82

I've been quiet lately...Don't m
Donating Member
Registered
Ordered a new set of mufflers today and I was wondering if would hurt to ride the Busa without mufflers for a couple days. Does anyone know if it would run lean without mufflers? I had them off before and didn't notice anything, but I want to be sure.

It wont hurt anything as long as you still have the headers and mid-pipes attached.

It will be a loud mofo.
laugh.gif

Yeah, It sounded like a full drag bike with them off. I am still running factory pipes up front. I think it runs kinda rich from the factory, so I wouldn't think no mufflers would cause too much trouble.

Record it for us! That'd make a great YGM or error sound for my computer...
biggrin.gif

I really like the look of those extenders. Did you make them, or where did you buy them from? I could make a video clip so you could hear what it sounds like. It is quite muted while cruising and screams like mad when you get into the throttle. RPM's seem to climb faster as well.

I really like the look of those extenders.  Did you make them, or where did you buy them from?  I could make a video clip so you could hear what it sounds like.  It is quite muted while cruising and screams like mad when you get into the throttle.  RPM's seem to climb faster as well.
Yes, please do! WOT!

I really like the look of those extenders. Did you make them, or where did you buy them from? I could make a video clip so you could hear what it sounds like. It is quite muted while cruising and screams like mad when you get into the throttle. RPM's seem to climb faster as well.
Yes I made them, stock headers, just cut them at an angle.

I have not heard them go by, but I have gone by people while I was getting on it and people have said they are pretty loud.

I passed BA BUSA once doing about 160+ and he said he could hear them real well when I went by.

can i just take it off of my busa? wont it burn out the valves with no back pressure?
Believe it or not, I noticed a difference between having the headers completely off and having 9 inches of headers (the length I cut the m to)

Lots of back fires, loss of power, not idling. but the 9 inches of header on there seems to cause enough back pressure where I did not have any problems.

I did however purchase a PCIIIusb and I have a map for slip-ons and it seems to work fine with no problems

That is my experience with my specific bike and my location (sea level altitude, dry warm climate).

I cant say if someone lets say in a colder climate would have problems or not.

And someone at a higher elevation might have problems.

But for me.. no problems

I just took mine off to the headers. My god that is one loud busa. Is that even Legal sound DB? It sure does make heads turn though. U can scare the #### out of people at the gas station. And you can make one hell of an echo under a bridge:)

Oh, noticed a decrease in throttle responce, quicker revving, and a decrease of power at crusing speed in 6th gear (about 80 mph) stalled a few times on me. so i set the choke a little so it idled at 1100 rmp and it was fine.. Oh yeah.. there was no backfiring? (would i normally see actual flames or hear more popping... w or w/o the header extention?

<!--EDIT|Lotus49
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121609327 -->

I had more popping and I could just tell she wasnt running right.

Dont think any flames though. But I did not drive her around enough. When she aint running right I dont run her.

I only have 3000 miles on the bike.. Maybe mileage and wear have an effect on the bike too (duh) i had a 94 camaro with no cats. the thing used ot shoot flames out of the back evertime i let off. It had 180k on it and my friend tried the same thing with his 96 camaro with 50k.. Only his didnt gargle or backfire when he let off

Nice sounds!!
Short-term is no biggie. Long term is bad news. Do not run your bike w/out mufflers long term. Ewwww...... bad.

That sounded wicked though.... damn it! LOL!
What muff's you go with?
I had color-matched Microns for awhile. They sounded really nice.

Back