No mufflers

Kainedogg

Registered
Anyone running their Gen 2's with just the headers and cats? Notice any difference, apart from the significant weight savings. Debating pulling them off this weekend.

Dozerdriver

Registered
I have a friend who did the no muffler thing... sounds ok when riding on it but sounds like crap from anywhere else.

TruWrecks

Banned
I ran mine for a few minutes with no cat and no mufflers. It sounded worse than an Accord with a coffee can hanging off the back. I slipped the Mirons on and now it just sounds wicked.

BIKE DUDE

Donating Member
Registered
Not a big fan of the sound or the look.??? One of my riding buddies did that on his 08 and it just kinda sounded unrefined.

sean06

Registered
I ran my bike like that for a few weeks and enjoyed it. If I didnt want to go faster I would have left it like that. It was loud, but I think it sounded great. Loved the decel pop. Give it a try its quick and easy.

gaeducator

Registered
Ran mine like that for a day or two. Sounds cool at first, but will get tired of all the poppin, poppin, poppin:laugh::laugh:

91shplx

Registered
Anyone running their Gen 2's with just the headers and cats? Notice any difference, apart from the significant weight savings. Debating pulling them off this weekend.
Sounds:moon: looks like:spank: why do that Do the stock can mod if you don't have the money for a set of cans The sound if good and looks not bad thats just me

det45

Registered
Those big mufflers/tailpipes you see on the honda civic cars etc.....I call them "Fart Cans" because thats the way they sound! All noise and no go :rofl:

tnsofun00

Registered
i pulled mine off for a few days. the only reason was that i was riding with a buddie that had a hotbodies megaphone and straight piped the cat. riding next to him i could never hear my bike, so i just took them off for 2 days till my exhaust arrived. It wasnt to bad when just cruising around but on the e way it was horrible. I would have put them back if i didnt get the other exhaust. i just couldnt take it for more than a few days.

Shrews

Registered
Does runing it with no mufflers hurt the bike in any way? Like backpressure? Just wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device

drizzit

Registered
I ran my bike with no mufflers and the only problem i had was when I down shifted. I every time I did it, the FI light comes on. I assume it is because air from outside is getting to the O2 sensor. Anyone have any ideas? As long as you don't down shift (which is a pain in the a$$), you will be alright.

boostinscooby

Registered
I run with out them. With them on I run a high 9.6 to low 9.7. With em off I run high 9.4s to low 9.5s. It sounds like garbage! But makes a tad more power and less weight. I initially took them off to shorten the cans but it turned into a pain in my ass so I tossed them. lol I would buy a full exhaust but I have future plans that only consist of a downpipe and wastegate dump pipe so Im not going to waste my money. :whistle:

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nickadimas1986