no more honda polish

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
Rats...I know several states had banned honda polish, went by the dealer today...and no longer made/availible NATIONWIDE
pissed.gif

(Justyntym @ Mar. 24 2007,19:10) Rats...I know several states had banned honda polish, went by the dealer today...and no longer made/availible NATIONWIDE  
pissed.gif
crazy.gif
eek2.gif
mad.gif
guns.gif
And i'm almost out too!! I gotta go Monday and see if i can get some more!!

I was just at my local honda dealer with a friend picking up his new bike and a guy that works there said that honda polish leaves a film? He showed me something else, forget the name of it.

Talked to the local dealership here a month ago about the ban in some states and he heard they were going to discontinue it so he ordered 70 cases of it so if you need a can or two there is plenty here I’m sure we can get it shipped to you via ups
beerchug.gif

I thought I recalled reading in a recent issue of Cycleworld that it was being brought back to all states after a minor alteration to the formula to keep the tree huggers happy
rock.gif

(mzrsq @ Mar. 24 2007,19:00) I thought I recalled reading in a recent issue of Cycleworld that it was being brought back to all states after a minor alteration to the formula to keep the tree huggers happy
rock.gif
That is correct.

Yeah....I heard about this a few days ago when I went to buy some more Honda polish from the local motorcycle shop....I'm totally out and screwed for the moment!! In the meantime, the guy at the shop recommended this stuff...

Plaxis.jpg

I would highly recommend using Rejex from the Chemsol company. You may all know of CorrosionX...

Rejex is a compound used as a sealant for aircraft leading edges of wings and to keep jet turbine exhaust off the paint. If it can keep 1600 degree oily turbine exhaust from yellowing and attaching to epoxy paint... it can save bug and everything from harming your Busa.

Once an application is done, not even masking tape will stick. It will even keep fingerprints off a BLACK paint.

It is safe and recommended for plastics and lexan... so use it like rainX on your shield and/or screens.

Enjoy!

Oh yeah... it's only $16 per bottle!!

I stopped by my local Honda dealership after work Friday and it had plenty of Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish on the shelves. According to the shop's owner, it's an updated product with a new part # - the old cleaner/polish was discontinued by Honda 2/01/07 because of the Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) restrictions in a growing number of states.
Reportedly, a change was made to the aerosol's propellant to make it more eco-friendly and satisfy the tree huggers (but will it work as good?).
Not sure about the current situation in the wacko state of Californication - the spray had been on the California Air Resources Board (CARB) hit list for a number of years - along with a lot of similar vehicle care products - prior to being banned. [/Quote]

Read Thread Here

You will prob need to create an accout to read

Haven't heard of the ban. The Plexus stuff works great. I use it on the windscreen. but only on the windscreen. I don't use it on any other part of the bike. And if you are looking for a spray polish as good or better, yamaha makes some good stuff. I use this stuff on my cars. Takes the bugs right off. Better than any other stuff I have used.

Back