No More HD Bashing For Me

niso

Registered
Long story short. My wife and I took a long ride on the Busa last friday. Bike has Corbin and backrest, so the wife was pretty comfortable, at least for about 75 miles or so. By the end of the day I could tell that the trip may have been a little more than she could comfortably take.
We start talking about some of the rides we have had on cruizers and I went to the local shop to look at what the current offers were and was not impressed with anything I saw.
On a whim, we stopped at one of the mega HD shops just to look, My wife spotted this nice little pearl white 1200 sportster and all set up for comfort, at least for her.
The salesman did the usual thing and said, if I can give it to you for a price you can live with, will you buy it today? I, not really looking to buy said you would have to talk to my accountant (wife). Much to my surprise, she said buy it.
Took it for 125 miles yesterday and she loved it the whole way, actually I enjoyed it as well, not my Busa but a nice change. Now I am looking for some performance mods for the little beasty.

IMG_0672.jpg

Nice looking bike. Atleast when you and the wife ride now, she is more comfortable which means more ride time for you:thumbsup:

Very nice looking Sportster!!! I love the color.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Honda line? the VTX is a fairly nice cruiser, as is the Shadow, with very popular price points.

CW

I like it looks trimmer than most.NICE BIKE.
THERE ARE SOME evil harlys infilterating ama
IM LOOKING FORWARD CHECKING THEM OUT @ iNDY RACE.

IMG_0399.jpg

I like the HD Road King Classic. I saw a used one, either a 2006 or 2007 for $16k the other day. With the high price of HDs, I don't know if that is a good or bad deal.

Very nice looking Sportster!!! I love the color.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Honda line? the VTX is a fairly nice cruiser, as is the Shadow, with very popular price points.

CW

I have in the past checked them out but I think in the back of my mind in a dark corner, I wanted to at least own one newer generation HD. I have always loved the XR 750 and after looking at what Storz Performance had done to the 1200, I started thinking new project maybe.?

Long story short. My wife and I took a long ride on the Busa last friday. Bike has Corbin and backrest, so the wife was pretty comfortable, at least for about 75 miles or so. By the end of the day I could tell that the trip may have been a little more than she could comfortably take.
We start talking about some of the rides we have had on cruizers and I went to the local shop to look at what the current offers were and was not impressed with anything I saw.
On a whim, we stopped at one of the mega HD shops just to look, My wife spotted this nice little pearl white 1200 sportster and all set up for comfort, at least for her.
The salesman did the usual thing and said, if I can give it to you for a price you can live with, will you buy it today? I, not really looking to buy said you would have to talk to my accountant (wife). Much to my surprise, she said buy it.
Took it for 125 miles yesterday and she loved it the whole way, actually I enjoyed it as well, not my Busa but a nice change. Now I am looking for some performance mods for the little beasty.
Glad you enjoying it:thumbsup: Don't try an make it faster, make it more comfortable , smoother ride, less vibration maybe. If you want it to go faster just get off it an get back on the Busa will be cheaper an the Busa is already there:whistle: Congrats! nice bike:beerchug:

Nice bike brother. Best mod is to trade it in for an M109R :laugh:

I think if you want to make it go faster you have to look at their screamin eagle product line for the 1200. I know for the street glide they have a lot of stuff depending on the size of your bank account.

Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:

I have also entered the dark side...in fact, I had this before I bought the Busa. What can I say, I still like to go fast!

Back