No More HD Bashing For Me

niso

Registered
Long story short. My wife and I took a long ride on the Busa last friday. Bike has Corbin and backrest, so the wife was pretty comfortable, at least for about 75 miles or so. By the end of the day I could tell that the trip may have been a little more than she could comfortably take.
We start talking about some of the rides we have had on cruizers and I went to the local shop to look at what the current offers were and was not impressed with anything I saw.
On a whim, we stopped at one of the mega HD shops just to look, My wife spotted this nice little pearl white 1200 sportster and all set up for comfort, at least for her.
The salesman did the usual thing and said, if I can give it to you for a price you can live with, will you buy it today? I, not really looking to buy said you would have to talk to my accountant (wife). Much to my surprise, she said buy it.
Took it for 125 miles yesterday and she loved it the whole way, actually I enjoyed it as well, not my Busa but a nice change. Now I am looking for some performance mods for the little beasty.

IMG_0672.jpg

badazgtp

Registered
Nice looking bike. Atleast when you and the wife ride now, she is more comfortable which means more ride time for you:thumbsup:

CWCobra

Registered
Very nice looking Sportster!!! I love the color.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Honda line? the VTX is a fairly nice cruiser, as is the Shadow, with very popular price points.

CW

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
I like it looks trimmer than most.NICE BIKE.
THERE ARE SOME evil harlys infilterating ama
IM LOOKING FORWARD CHECKING THEM OUT @ iNDY RACE.

IMG_0399.jpg

Htown Busa

Registered
I like the HD Road King Classic. I saw a used one, either a 2006 or 2007 for $16k the other day. With the high price of HDs, I don't know if that is a good or bad deal.

niso

Registered
Very nice looking Sportster!!! I love the color.

Just out of curiosity, did you look at the Honda line? the VTX is a fairly nice cruiser, as is the Shadow, with very popular price points.

CW
I have in the past checked them out but I think in the back of my mind in a dark corner, I wanted to at least own one newer generation HD. I have always loved the XR 750 and after looking at what Storz Performance had done to the 1200, I started thinking new project maybe.?

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Long story short. My wife and I took a long ride on the Busa last friday. Bike has Corbin and backrest, so the wife was pretty comfortable, at least for about 75 miles or so. By the end of the day I could tell that the trip may have been a little more than she could comfortably take.
We start talking about some of the rides we have had on cruizers and I went to the local shop to look at what the current offers were and was not impressed with anything I saw.
On a whim, we stopped at one of the mega HD shops just to look, My wife spotted this nice little pearl white 1200 sportster and all set up for comfort, at least for her.
The salesman did the usual thing and said, if I can give it to you for a price you can live with, will you buy it today? I, not really looking to buy said you would have to talk to my accountant (wife). Much to my surprise, she said buy it.
Took it for 125 miles yesterday and she loved it the whole way, actually I enjoyed it as well, not my Busa but a nice change. Now I am looking for some performance mods for the little beasty.
Glad you enjoying it:thumbsup: Don't try an make it faster, make it more comfortable , smoother ride, less vibration maybe. If you want it to go faster just get off it an get back on the Busa will be cheaper an the Busa is already there:whistle: Congrats! nice bike:beerchug:

Kainedogg

Registered
Nice bike brother. Best mod is to trade it in for an M109R :laugh:

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
I think if you want to make it go faster you have to look at their screamin eagle product line for the 1200. I know for the street glide they have a lot of stuff depending on the size of your bank account.

Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:

YtseJam

Registered
I have also entered the dark side...in fact, I had this before I bought the Busa. What can I say, I still like to go fast!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Charlesbusa More female bashing! Random Thoughts 11
MC MUSTANG More Öhlins Love... but.. :( General Bike Related Topics 11
S More hp All Motor 22
rubbersidedown My fellow Canadians...Gub'ment to give out a bit more on yer GST credit Random Thoughts 1
rubbersidedown Just about 250 more to be top dog Random Thoughts 7
M can anyone tell me more about this airbox mod? General Bike Related Topics 27
M Is the 1999/2000 copper/silver more valuable than the black/grey? General Bike Related Topics 66
gurrera More truth than most people are capable of understanding Random Thoughts 1
Kiwi Rider Having more than 1 Busa . . . Worthwhile?? General Bike Related Topics 32
04 Limited Busa More power at 1k miles Gen II Busa Information 4
JINKSTER A word about "Slip-on/Exhaust Tips" (more specifically Coffman's) General Bike Related Topics 19
c10 Mr Brown I need more weight ! Off Topic 31
T Is it true??? No more Busa?? General Bike Related Topics 53
RedBull Is the sun really so bright ~ that you need more than one * Random Thoughts 58
c10 Lighter / more powerful magnetic drain plug. General Bike Related Topics 13
upgradedbusa Been a while, now bigger power/more upgrades. General Bike Related Topics 60
C More fuel problems Busa problems 4
Slowstang305 No cut frame sliders, is T-Rex no more? Gen II Busa Information 13
c10 More Candy please ! General Bike Related Topics 37
F One more help!! Gen II Busa Information 102
Johnnie Phatt Only TWO MORE DAYS!!!! New Owners Forum 11
captain More EU legislations on the way Article 13 In the News 1
F Why no more air to air Intercooler Turbo 3
WuzzaCBXRider More pics anyone? General Bike Related Topics 6
fallenarch What Fits On A Half Dollar And Costs More Than Bst Cf Wheels? Random Thoughts 17
G And Suzuki, Needs To Step Up More Now,, General Bike Related Topics 27
Excursion05 More Rumors, Turbo For 2019 General Bike Related Topics 88
ZOESKEE Need More Gen II Busa Information 1
UR IT! More Mountain Twisty Fun.. Videos 4
Yaqoob Yunis Big Guy Need More Power Gen II Busa Information 22
Shawn721 More Improvement Advice Needed Track and Racing mods 21
tinmann840 Once More!!! General Bike Related Topics 1
B Gen1 Opitons For More Power Engine and Performance mods 30
captain More Of My Favorite Pics And Memories... Who Knows Em, Why Are They Special? General Bike Related Topics 7
Gunther Bump Itching For More Power.. Turbo 8
c10 Tools more specific axle wrench . Random Thoughts 4
gurrera more--TO MY FRIENDS WHO THINK THEY HAVE SEEN EVERYTHING Random Thoughts 3
GEARJAMMER more dangerous dragracing or street riding Random Thoughts 14
N Need more hp Nitrous 6
S I need more power. What's next? Please help! Gen2 looking to kill H2's and s1000rr's Engine and Performance mods 20
mysql No More Superbikes for KTM – CEO Says They’re Too Dangerous For Public Roads General Bike Related Topics 12
fallenarch More Movie Reviews Random Thoughts 1
Duke1340 HELP !!!?? NEED MORE ROOM ..Motorcycle Paddock Central Stand Side Lift .... Gen II Busa Information 4
scalesj One more newbie question New Owners Forum 1
RedBusarider More Ipad help - Please Random Thoughts 14
880jedi I'm not giving 110 percent any more. General Bike Related Topics 10
captain How to know you have a slow riding season.. When the professor runs more miles! Random Thoughts 8
chrisjp MORE outrageous military budget cuts!!! Random Thoughts 3
IG. How TPMS saved me a ride, and who knows, maybe more General Bike Related Topics 32
kromdom DRAGGIN HANDLEBARS and more........I am curious what this guy can do on a motorcycle Random Thoughts 5