NO MORE CHICKEN STRIP FOR ME!!!

RedNeckBusaBoy

Registered
Hey Gang,

Had a great weekend up here and wound up putting 358 miles on my busa on Sunday. Only got another 100 before her first checkup.

Brought her to work this morning. The entrance to work has a long straight away then goes into a 90 degree left followed by 4 nice quick rights back to the parking garages. (Big Complex) It is a nice 4 lane paved all the way. From start to finish it is 1.4 miles from the entrance. The speed limit is 25 the whole way and usually has cops coming through on a regular basis.

I was stopped at the entrance light on the inside lane and a Subaru STI pulled up beside on the outside. When the light turned green he took off. I had not payed any attention to him till he tore out.

I turned the throttle on and right when I went to 2nd gear I was blowing buy him like he was standing still. Looked down and was doing about 110 or so (not much time to look real good) then came the 90 left. Came back down to 3rd and slowed to 80 and just kept it there the whole time all the way through the twisties to the parking garage. Got scratches on the bottom on both of the pegs and got rid of my chicken strip entirely.

I had to sit at the entrance to the garage for about 3 seconds before he even came around the last turn. Went up and parked and while I was taking off my gear the guy came over and went on for 10 minutes about how he had never seen a bike get up to speed that quick and still handle in the corners. Said I gave him a spark show dragging the peg on the second righty.

Man did that feel good!!!!! The dude even bought me a Moutain Dew and a bagel.

What a way to start a Monday!!!!!! Cant wait until tomorrow!!!

I could just not believe how well the Busa handled herself. Man what a bike.....

That's all well and good, but we need pics!
biggrin.gif
I'm sure it felt good just glad there was no loose gravel in that parking garage that might have caused a nasty spill.

Awesome ... good job getting rid of those strips ... good thing you had scrubbed the newness off the tires before draggin' those pegs ... way to go!!

Nice job. Glad you kept control of it.
beerchug.gif

FWIW: I guess you're not trying to follow the break-in schedule, huh?
laugh.gif
You're aweful trusting of those brand new tires
wow.gif

Sounds like you had a blast... still have 1/2 inch chicken strips and I don't think they will be going away soon...

Hey RedNeckBusaBoy, nicely done!

You're sure you didn't use the beld sander to get ride of those chicken strip
laugh.gif

I'm in Jersey City, I go to the beach in Belmar every weekend during the summer.

We could hook up for a ride if you want.

Hey Red Neck, you represented, however, a Red Neck eating a Bagel, that is unheard of !!

Wouldn't you first have to remove your chewing tobacco??

I'm not criticising by any means, nor trying to play devil's advocate. However I'm kinda at a loss how people talk about scraping footpegs.

Every sportbike I've seen, the fairings, exhaust pipes, and other pieces will scrape long before the pegs. In fact, if I were to lay a sportbike on its side, the pegs aren't touching the ground. (My old bike had some scratches from getting dropped...the pegs however are pristine)

I've seen many a cruiser (harley's are notorious with their forward controllers and floorboards) scrape em...never a sportbike though.

<!--EDIT|Scribbler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113260367 -->

see them little dodads that stick down from the pegs..

those hit first .. thats why they are there.. not much past that you find the fairing on the busa though.

assuming you don't take the feelers off anyway

I'm not criticising by any means, nor trying to play devil's advocate. However I'm kinda at a loss how people talk about scraping footpegs.

Every sportbike I've seen, the fairings, exhaust pipes, and other pieces will scrape long before the pegs. In fact, if I were to lay a sportbike on its side, the pegs aren't touching the ground. (My old bike had some scratches from getting dropped...the pegs however are pristine)

I've seen many a cruiser (harley's are notorious with their forward controllers and floorboards) scrape em...never a sportbike though.
Hey Scrib,

Sorry so long on the reply. Work sent me to Philly for 2 days...

I have the stock pegs on the bike. They got this finger that comes out from the bottom. That is what got filed down a little. Dont think I would want to try that with the aftermarket pegs.... To low!!!

See Ya

Yeah, I was about to say that RedNeck must of meant his Peg Feelers. I believe that's the proper term for it. I scraped mine just a little a couple of times. Not the best "feeling" in the world. Just teach my dumb asssss to hang into the turn some more and stick my knee out.

Back