no more baby birds in my brakes!

BUSAFETT

Registered
I FINALLY got some time tonight to swap out my front brake pads, and MAN do I feel better now. The OEM tokico pads were cheepin' like I was carting a robin's nest around. Funny thing is, even after pulling them, they still have plenty of pad left (only 2700mi on them)! What garbage pads.

My new EBCs are nice and smooth and quiet. Another tip I got from the crew here. Thanks guys!

BUSAFETT

I still get the locust noise from my EBC HH's. This will stop right?
It's actually kinda cool having a sound reinforcement that the brakes are working.

(PDBusa @ Sep. 22 2006,05:56) I still get the locust noise from my EBC HH's. This will stop right?
It's actually kinda cool having a sound reinforcement that the brakes are working.
I've had mine for over 2,000 miles and they still buzz, though it is much less pronounced. It's not a bad thing at all, of course.

--Wag--

(celticBandit @ Sep. 22 2006,05:17) I always put some copper grease on the back of pads befoe installation. Stops any squeeking and chirping.
I've always wondered why contact between the back of the pad and the caliper would cause a squeek.

mine still squeek from time to time.

I love it when the occasional pebble gets caught in there.

Back