No Memory of Crash

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Well it's been 3 weeks and I have absoloutly no memory of my crash. I remember everything before it and after it but nothing specific about the crash or what caused it, having a difficult time saying "oh well, stuff happens" and accept the fact that I'll never know what the cause was. Might have been pretty cool to have had a tank mounted camera to tell the story, would just be nice to know what really happened. Anyone else ever experience something like this before?

You were though what the Law Enforcement community calls a threshold incident. It is common that memories are a little fuzzy. Sometimes it is the brains way of protecting it's self from trauma, or a blow to the head can make things fade. Truth is no one really knows for sure. At least are here to have some memory of the incident. Things may come with time and rest.

I hope a fuzzy memory of the incident is the only lasting issue.

I had the same thing happen to me when I crashed Oct 1st 2006. I just remembered setting up for a turn...then I am sitting on the side of a hill. Not sure how i got there. A passer-by asked me if I was Ok. I was like , "yeah! why?" He said are you sure, because you crashed your bike. I looked and saw scattered parts everywhere and my bike about 50 yds up the way. My jacket was unzipped, my gloves, helmet, and ear plugs were neatly placed next to the bike on the road. Like I had put them there. I started remember bits and pieces of the crash around Dec, about 2 months later. I still don't remember before the impact, the impact, or even after. Just flashes.

The Doc told me the same thing about the fuzzy memory. He said it was like you brain see's this great trauma about to happen and puts you to sleep to avoid the pain. Then "turns you back on" to see if things are good. If things are still bad, back to sleep you go. Hence the "Flashes" of memories.

I think what you are going through is normal and will take time. But you may never fully remember. Sometimes I want to, others I am glad I was out.

probably best you do not remember... riding a bike off a cliff is probably similar to falling out an high rise office window on the mind... something you do not want to remember..

I was trying to see the front tire better in the photos but not very good ones.. looked kind of thin on tread..

I had a head-on collision with my brother Labor Day, 1981. We were struck by a drunk driver heading North-bound on PCH in Huntington Beach, Ca. The drunk was playing chicken with oncoming traffic. The drunk was driving a Chevy Luv at 95 accelerating, we were driving South-bound at 45 decelerating in a Willy's pick up, at the time of impact. Head-on at 140 mph combined. I remember head lights in the near-distance, and my brother saying the words, "Oh sh!t"....."that is all folks" until my lights flickered while laying on the pavement after being ejected. Eye witnesses said I shot out of the vehicle like a low-flying missile skipping off the concrete. My lights flickered again next to my brother in the ambulance as they took us to Fountain Valley Trauma Center. The drunk had a passenger who was crushed by the engine block as it came through the dash.

The driver was in ICU next to me flat-line at times. I came-to two days later in ICU, the day before the drunk passed away. He hung on, but the brain trauma was too severe. They kept saying we (my brother and I) should have died on impact, and the drunks should have lived.........

"I guess GOD disagreed" :bowdown:

My brother got pins in his leg and was discharged, I stayed for an additional week, and was then discharged after they wired my jaw shut for ninety days. We both have back and neck problems to this day. He remembers more than I, he's 61 now and I'm 43......I wouldn't mind piecing together the chain of events, but maybe it isn't that important any more........ :oldcool:

Well it's been 3 weeks and I have absoloutly no memory of my crash. I remember everything before it and after it but nothing specific about the crash or what caused it, having a difficult time saying "oh well, stuff happens" and accept the fact that I'll never know what the cause was. Might have been pretty cool to have had a tank mounted camera to tell the story, would just be nice to know what really happened. Anyone else ever experience something like this before?

Yep. remember all the way up to about a foot from the car then remember sliding to a stop on the asphault. Nurse told me sometimes the brain will shut down (or blackout) during something like that. It's normal.

P

sometimes a knock to the head will cause a lapse before your brain has a chance to move the last 3-4 seconds into permanent memory

I'd hate to experience anything that traumatic. In 2004, when I was intercepted by a left turner across my path, I thought tumbling over the car and landing in a seated position was bad enough..

I have a strange memory of a crash back in 83 going into Folsom lake. Guy ran the red light and hit the car on the passenger side. Spun us broadside then got t boned in the driver door by the on coming car. Never saw either car just heard two horrific noises.

No pain, in fact very calm and relaxed and feeling good. Then I hear my girlfriend, now my wife calling out my name repeatedly and feel her shaking my shoulder. I look at her, but what I see is her shaking me as I'm looking down over her shoulder from maybe 5 or 6 feet above us. We were still in the car. Then suddenly, bam!! total chaos in my head everything hurting and now I'm back in my body looking up at her in as she's leaning over me in the car.

She says I was was dead and suddenly some kind of life came back into my eyes. I don't know, but it sure seemed like my spirit/soul had left my body and was headed the other direction. Maybe she coaxed it in to making a U turn back in to my body before it got too far away.

Divine intervention or my mind playing tricks? Can only speculate, because I can't say I was worthy of a divine intervention in those days. Maybe not now either. :dunno:

Last edited:
dam some of these crashes was the year i was born in 81:whistle: hey gene any propes for a new busa ?
but when i got hit on my busa in 05 i also have no idea after words other then oh ****

Last edited:
Well I laid mine down a couple months ago I remember starting out and then rolling on the ground nothing in between still stinks because I still don't know what happened
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorry forgot to mention in my first reply. Turns out the human body has a "rest" function. I loud noise, electrical shock (Taser), or flashing lights can trigger it. Sometimes it is the best thing for you. The human body is amazing.

I was thrown out of a Fiat Spider Convertible back in 86. All I Remember is the Paramedic, The Amubulance, and the Red-Headed Nurse at UC-DAVIS Med Center :thumbsup: Never Did Remember that Accident.

Gene..............Get back in the Saddle Before it is TOO LATE

I remember every slow-motion painful blow as I skipped my head and shoulder off the pavement. I guess mine wasn't bad enough for my brain to shut down, so maybe that was a good thing.

I was thrown out of a Fiat Spider Convertible back in 86. All I Remember is the Paramedic, The Amubulance, and the Red-Headed Nurse at UC-DAVIS Med Center :thumbsup: Never Did Remember that Accident.

Gene..............Get back in the Saddle Before it is TOO LATE

Robert... it's never too late... believe me I plan to ride again... my body is gonna take quite a while to heal, I'm experiencing pains that I've never known before... Still on the hunt for a replacement bike, even thought today about determining what the actual cost of repairing mine would be, I need to start getting info on checking frame, forks, triple trees, wheels etc. to see if they are bent before I can determine the overall cost to repair.

By the way... So very difficult to walk into the shop every day and see my smashed up ex beautiful spotless bad ass Busa, it's really kind of depressing to see it all mangled up like that.

Last edited:
my accident was april 2003 and i STILL have no idea what happened. i remember riding on the freeway, a chick in a full size dodge cutting me off and remember the white tailgate. then i woke up with the fire dept standing over me. ???

all i remember is passing a cummings diesel plant then wakeing up to nurses doing xrays and cat scan on me. they say i was up walking around in the field. good thing my bike was loud cuase the (only) house at the T intersection heard me comeing but didnt hear me leave. they got up and found my wrecked bike gsx1100rw (miss that purple paint scheme) and me walking around. (it was 3am so lucky someone was awake)i have no recolection of any of it even 10years later. to this day everyone still tells me i was lucky i was asleep. body was relaxed and didnt get much damage (bruised lungs fractured pelvis and alot of bruises) but my response is "no way, if i wasnt asleep i would have never had the accident!!!!!!!!" (lack of sleep due to work and "trying out the new girlfreind" for 3 nights prior) so as to the concept of the brain shutting down for the protection of you haveing to deal with the trauma. i say its more like you getting caught looking at po.rn by your mother and before she gets to close you hit the "reboot" button lol

Last edited:
Back