No luck fixing my idle issue

Jeremy112113

Registered
I have a 2005 Hayabusa with 54,000 miles, full exhaust, PC3, and KN air filter

When the outside temperature is cold (and rarely when hot outside) will the RPM at idle go from 1250 to 1600 and stay there until I let the clutch out for it to slightly catch and return to 1250. I've done multiple syncs (Carbtune Pro) and read through countless threads here that lead to a potential solution of an issue that doesn't closely resemble mine. Before I begin replacing things, I just wanted to see if anyone has had this exact issue.

Thank you all!

I have a 2005 Hayabusa with 54,000 miles, full exhaust, PC3, and KN air filter

When the outside temperature is cold (and rarely when hot outside) will the RPM at idle go from 1250 to 1600 and stay there until I let the clutch out for it to slightly catch and return to 1250. I've done multiple syncs (Carbtune Pro) and read through countless threads here that lead to a potential solution of an issue that doesn't closely resemble mine. Before I begin replacing things, I just wanted to see if anyone has had this exact issue.

Thank you all!
Welcome, first post and all....

I don't have an answer for you though.....

That's a weird little gremlin your bike has. Hopefully someone chimes in with a solution. In the mean time you can always use the cold start idle adjustment to slightly manipulate the idle speed. Good luck :beerchug:

First, the basics . . . .
Have you checked the throttle cables adjustment/freeplay?
Also the condition of the cables?
1) Just disconnect the throttle cables at the throttle bodies and at the twist grip and check the sliding action of the cables, BOTH the pull and return cables, make sure they are smooth in their action and NO stiffness/dragging.
2) Disconnect the 'choke/fast idle cable also and check the condition of that
3) Then check the action of the throttle bodies by opening and closing them at the cable attachment lever. Smooth and a snappy spring return is what you are looking for.
4) I would also remove the throttle bodies and thoroughly clean the carbon etc from the flaps and check for any damage etc.
Once you are sure that all is well with those items, then it's time to look at the fuel injection for issues.

First, the basics . . . .
Have you checked the throttle cables adjustment/freeplay?
Also the condition of the cables?
1) Just disconnect the throttle cables at the throttle bodies and at the twist grip and check the sliding action of the cables, BOTH the pull and return cables, make sure they are smooth in their action and NO stiffness/dragging.
2) Disconnect the 'choke/fast idle cable also and check the condition of that
3) Then check the action of the throttle bodies by opening and closing them at the cable attachment lever. Smooth and a snappy spring return is what you are looking for.
4) I would also remove the throttle bodies and thoroughly clean the carbon etc from the flaps and check for any damage etc.
Once you are sure that all is well with those items, then it's time to look at the fuel injection for issues.
i would press seven numbers on a telephone and have powerhouse fix it... lol... the lengths some people go through to not have to pay an expert 300 bucks is amazing to me... it would take me months to figure this out.… and my time is alllll accounted for... not an hour to spare.lol

i would press seven numbers on a telephone and have powerhouse fix it... lol... the lengths some people go through to not have to pay an expert 300 bucks is amazing to me... it would take me months to figure this out.… and my time is alllll accounted for... not an hour to spare.lol
Although I agree with you in principle, I believe this forum was designed to help other people who own Hayabusas (or other bikes).

The OP is not out of line with his question. I wish I could have helped but someone on this forum has the know how I'm sure.

Although I agree with you in principle, I believe this forum was designed to help other people who own Hayabusas (or other bikes).

The OP is not out of line with his question. I wish I could have helped but someone on this forum has the know how I'm sure.
Words of wisdom right there!

Ali, some people have the time and love to tinker with their bikes, you are in a different position where you have precious little time to yourself and little mechanical knowledge, oh and deep pockets too lol !
Different strokes for different folks!

Ali, some people have the time and love to tinker with their bikes, you are in a different position where you have precious little time to yourself and little mechanical knowledge, oh and deep pockets too lol !
Different strokes for different folks!
lol... not deep pockets... (many creditors)..... im thinking of changing my middle name to "MINIMUM MONTHLY" …. as in payments... but I like to think of myself as a person with a lot of CREDIBILITY..... either way.... they aint got me yet!!

Built > bought.
There are some things that I would rather pay a professional to do, but I pride myself on being able to work on my own things to the extent that I have the knowledge and equipment necessary.
Maybe it's chump change to you, but $300 in my house is the difference between my kids having name brand not off brand things. I'm not making my kids do without because it's easier to pay someone. That's just me though.

Built > bought.
There are some things that I would rather pay a professional to do, but I pride myself on being able to work on my own things to the extent that I have the knowledge and equipment necessary.
Maybe it's chump change to you, but $300 in my house is the difference between my kids having name brand not off brand things. I'm not making my kids do without because it's easier to pay someone. That's just me though.
that's why u need at least 4 credit cards man.... jk.. its the new American dream

having the same problem, after mine has got warm. start until warm is normal. started when I switched out cams. only other I did was spray throttle body with cleaner at the time. haven't synced carbs and hoping that's it. figure I have cams off degree or sync bodies. just cleaned injectors month before and cleaned fuel pump after problem and put pressure gauge in fuel line. track bike only and have been down track at least 20 passes with this condition. sound electric because pulling clutch in puts on the neutral map and changes things but has to be something I did. any adjustment to idle below 1600 it will drop to about 1000

Back