No Longer the Fastest?

ksheldon

Ex Rookie
Donating Member
Registered
Are we in trouble?

If you log onto Cycle News' web site there is a news story about a new bike that Triupmh is going introduce next spring called the Rocket III. It is a very larger crusier, with a 2.3 liter, 3 cylinder motor that generates around 160 hp and a ton of torque at only 1,800 rpm. The article states that with this power and torque it will "out accelerate Hayabusa's".

Check it out - www.cyclenews.com

Good god that thing looks HUGE!! I like the 240 rear tire, tons of torque but we will have to see what a quarter mile time is on it.

Yeah, and chances are it weighs 950 lbs. wet. :laugh:

There is a LOT more to the quarter than just power and torque. ;)

Ah, 704 lbs. dry. I was close. Add another 50 lbs. for fuel and fluids and a 196 lb. rider and you got 950.

Last time I weighed mine, it came in at 510 wet. :tounge:

You worry too much! That thing wouldn't even beat a yamaha v-max!!! No other "power cruiser" has yet....did I miss one? Probably not, but anyway, sure it has a BIG motor and all but like someone said in another post the busa was "designed" to go fast. You know wind tunnel testing and all other things that put it on the top of the hill. All these other bikes are too big and heavy to mess with a busa and even if a cruiser was to get even close to matching the performance of a busa its price tag would probably be real big. You know what you could do to a busa with the extra dough saved from not buying one of these other bikes. Just use your imagination!

Jay Leno has one of those gazillion dollar jet bikes with an airplane engine in it. MAYBE it's faster top end, but I bet Leno will never find out  :tounge:

Dep

Nah, the turbine bike runs out of fuel before it can ever hit top end. :laugh:

20 minutes per 8 gallon tank. Not exactly practical, eh. :super:

Yeah, but those turbine bikes (built close to here) will run on anything that burns... probably even some good Everclear PGA.

We don't have anything to worry about. With a dry wieght of 704 lbs and only 140 hp I really don't think it have a chance.

The aerodynamic drag on that bike would be huge. So much so that it might need twice the power of the Busa to hit 186MPH. Not to mention that the rider would have next to no chance of staying well seated on that bike at those speeds. But for poser value, I'd rate it fairly high. Like the BossHog or the Jet bike already mentioned.

In the article it states 140 HP........it's gonna take 300 hp and 150lbs of torque for that thing to be a threat..........friggen dreamers....huge dreamers. :tounge:

The day a freakin' british bike beats a jap speed bike....especially a Triumph.....will be the same day hell freezes over and a republican wins a mayoral election in Chicago.

Ain't never gonna happen....Europeans don't engineer bikes for this kind of speed. (their cars may be hot...ferrari....Lamborghini.....but not their bikes)

Dude's It's a Triumph..... :sad: What are we worried about agin ? ....what's that?, breaking down before it breaks in ? hahahahahah

Not even worried about it, but EVEN if that british bike could IN OUR MOST IMAGINARY thoughts beat the Busa, what would be the point? The Busa would break faster, would handle better, and would cost half!!! :D

Back