No Longer the Fastest?

i do not thinkthe thing will ewver beat the bus. It is not designed to be fast. Is the boss hoss or what ever it is called fast? Well yes it is but not the same type of fast as the busa. We cannot force ourselves to worry aboutn these little quirks that other makers put forth. I do not believe that the bike is at all intended to beat the busa, but as soon as busa is mentioned in an article, its game time. I only hope truimph knows what they are getting themselves into. Heres to the fastest and the onl;y true king of Speed: BUSA LIVES FOREVER

They have just run the article about the new 3 cylinder Triumph here in the UK. Its going to be about twice the price of a Busa and weigh like twice as much.It hasn't got as much BHP as the Busa but because it such a massive engine and only three cylinders the torque will be 50% higher.
Top speed is said to be 150MPH. Have you ever sat on a bike at 150mph with no wind protection, you need arms like king kong.Think I will stick to the Busa or maybe Just slot another Busa engine in the frame. That would make it quicker.

Ain't never gonna happen....Europeans don't engineer bikes for this kind of speed.  (their cars may be hot...ferrari....Lamborghini.....but not their bikes)
What about Ducati? Those bikes are awesome... I believe they could engineer a fast bike like the hayabusa... It would cost gazillions, but they could release one if they wanted... (my 2 cents!)

IMHO...nobody else had the engineering capacity or the vision to build a Busa or they would have....the only manufacturers who stepped to the plate legit was Kawi and Honda....ala the ZX lineup and XXX Blackbird...for the last 10 or so years....some might argue that Yamaha made a stab at it back in the day with the FJ....IMHO

It seems we have a member who dosn't think the British or Europeans can engineer a fast bike. The Triumph proves that it can be done with a big enough engine. Just wait for the new 4 cylinder Ducati that should prove to be a fairly quick bike but like the rest it will be limited to 300Klms Hr. Forget top speed on a standard bike straight out the factory it will all be down to acceleration and handling. Also dont forget out and out Moto GP race bikes only have a top speed of 200 mph may be a fraction higher. It all comes down to how fast you get there.
If you Geared a Busa to have a top speed of 160mph there would be nothing else on the road to touch it on acceleration.

has anyone forgotten the flip side of speed? lets see 800 pluslbs braking from 150mph.....hmmmm. oh and i saw a piece on leno's turbine bike, goes like hell but you cant use the brakes until the turbine shuts down the power 2 or 3 sec delay dont think jay will be joking when he sees that suburban :crazy:

Back