No longer a Wannab

Busawannab

Registered
Hey guys,

I've been cruzing these forums for a few years now and I have wanted a busa for a long time!
I just recently purchased a brand new 2014 and couldn't be happier!

I was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year and told myself I'm not going to die without owning my busa!!! So mid treatments I found my bike! Got 150 miles on her now but I have to finish up treatment next week with a big surgery. So looks like she'll be waiting a couple of months for me to get back on her and finish break in. Looks like I should pull through this cancer crap ok so I'm looking forward to many years on my busa! It's all rainy and getting into winter weather around here anyway so I'm not missing any good rides anyway.

My old crotch rocket buddy's have moved to the dark side so I either need new friends haha or learn to ride for the destination and not for the ride. They like to ride somewhere and stop, look at the bikes, and go to museums and chit. I like to go for a ride and put some miles on the bike and be tired from hangin on all day not from walking around. Seriously they are good guys just have a different outlook nowadays.

Had a blast riding my 1992 cbr 600 for years now but at 6'4" and 240 lbs I always felt like a monkey doing a football even though you sit rather high on that bike. Don't get me wrong love the bike and still have it but the busa fits me sooo much better.

Here's me just back from getting chemo and feeling like crap but I got my BUSA

image.jpg

Its a awesome feeling to bring one home . You will have lots of garage time to look at the Hayabusa , and dream of places to ride . Good to hear you got the cancer beat . Congratulations on a fine choice of two wheel history . Let me know if you are ever in Texas to ride .

Congrats on the Busa and :welcome: to the .org! Good luck on the continued beating of cancer! I can only imagine how tough that is.

:welcome: to the busa world. My brother got me into sport books and now has moved to the dark side. Multiple people at work say I need a hog. I love my busa and wouldn't change for the world. Best wishes my friend.

that is one of the hottest colors Slozuki has ever made imo. that bike looks great!

the Busa cured you!:laugh: congrats. I guess u can change ur scene name now.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome! This forum is great and I'll be reading lots while I wait to ride again.

I really like the red. I was amazed the gold flake in the paint. Can't really see it unless your in good sunlight.

I'll let you guess what my favorite color is. :laugh:

Mine is 10 years older then yours - but I like both the 04 and 14 red bikes very well. :thumbsup:

Really glad they can get all the Cancer out of you - as I know it's not the life sentence it use to be.

Hopefully you get to ride for many more years. The Busa is a great bike, and is smooth and powerful like no other bike I know of.
Many many ways to mod them - to make yours one of a kind and suit you the best.

P1040264A_zpsas9wdeyj.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back