No longer a "Future busa owner"

Oh ya welcome
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

beerchug.gif

congratz and welcome..im gonna go ahead and help you with your first busa problem!! white is the fastest color
thumb_up.gif

Welcome to busa paradise and many busa riders started on a busa so don't feel like you did something wrong by getting it as your first bike. Just enjoy it and be safe.
cheerleader.gif

l_4c6dab9664db7045d1796c88e8704eba.jpg

Went riding most of the afternoon today and man.. I can never get enough. I don't know how I'm going to last through work all day tommorow. I was havin a ball riding with another busa owner (neighbor and his 06). I'm trying my hardest to make sure I break her in right so I think I will wait before riding with anyone again, because things start to get tempting when you ride with others
laugh.gif
. I was a little hesitant to start riding on the interstate this early but it wasn't all too busy today. It was about to storm so it was fairly windy out there but it actually didn't effect me as much as I thought it would. I would definitely love to see myself improve on the turning and balancing but I work 6 days a friggn week so there really isn't too much ride time unfortunately
boohoo.gif

Overall, I'm really happy I went with this bike and I don't regret getting it one bit
thumb_up.gif
I'm still not convinced that this bike is not a good first bike either!
lurk.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

*Oh yea.. I guess I was too caught up in the moment and forgot to take some pics. Better luck tommorow
banghead.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Congrats on the new ride, just remember 2 things and you will be good. #1 is to keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up, #2 is wear your gear.
thumb_up.gif

oh btw, come to the orlando ale house by the airport on sat nite for a MnG about 8 pm.
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

banana.gif

banana.gif

banana.gif

Yea I was reading about that. I will try and see what I can do about work and I will also try to bring my neighbor along if I go

Welcome Kai. Another Central Floridian with another Blue K8.

JR, I will be out of town this weekend, so can't make the Alehouse, but will try again soon.

Blue with gold wheels is an amazing combination. With the 2008 models, can't you just use the engine map selector switch to tone it down a notch in case you wanted a "less powerful" experience while your skills increase? I kind of like that concept. I'd drop it down in lowest power anytime I'm in stop and go traffic.

You know I haven't even messed with that yet! I always tell myself when I get home from work to switch it but since it starts in the "A" position by default, I end up forgetting about it. I've been starting to ride it every night after work around town and I must say its been going really well.

A little off the topic here but if your at a stop, is it fine to keep it in first? Or is it better to just leave it in neutral? I'm sure the less clutch action, the better, but I just have a bad habit of going to a stop and just leaving it in first. Also, getting the kick stand down sucks just because Its so close to that foot rest
banghead.gif

Ummm...errr...uhhhhh.....now for some unsolicted advice....as it was given to me something like this...dump the sneakers and the shorts(never rode in those), get some decent foot gear, some jeans (or leathers or textiles), get some upper protection and some paw-leathers, a good helmet, and do some serious highway miles. No mach-speed runs for at least six months (I KNOW it's hard, but do it). Get used to the feel of the weight of the machine, and practice low speed manuevers with both legs extended. Once or twice you may almost drop her. She'll take everything you got to right her back to vertical, if she gets past 30 degrees. At 45 degrees she's going down. Get frame sliders asap.

Now that "that's" over...enjoy !!!!, and welcome to the O-R-G...resistance is futile...you WILL be assimilated.

Welcome aboard !!!
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

You now own the fastest piece of fun West of the Pecos.....be safe, ride smart, stay alive.....in time you'll discover the true potential of this machine, and be d@mn glad you bought one !!!!
coolold.gif

super.gif

super.gif

Ummm...errr...uhhhhh.....now for some unsolicted advice....as it was given to me something like this...dump the sneakers and the shorts(never rode in those), get some decent foot gear, some jeans (or leathers or textiles), get some upper protection and some paw-leathers, a good helmet, and do some serious highway miles.
Uhh umm err uhh he did say he had gear he said he was just taking a pic of it read the whole thread it woulda been one thing if you had just said make sure you wear the gear but your sounding like an ass with the Ummm...errr...uhhhhh.....

Back