No longer a "Beginner"!

(Juggler @ May 29 2007,14:29) If we ever hookup at a TD or something, you're welcome to ride mine.
Thanks man. I hope we can get together soon.

I have ridden both the 07 R1 and the 07 GSXR. Both were shop bikes and I will not run the crap out of someones elses new machine.

I am going to get to ride a full broken in 07 R1 in 2 weeks with a set up suspension for a 270lb rider, so it will be fairly close. This R1 has a full Graves exhaust and a PC with a quick shifter, just over 170rwhp.

Chad's 07 R1 was pulling me down the straight at Road Atlanta and it really impressed me with its out right speed.

My wife is already preparing for me to have a bike payment lol.......

Congrats
beerchug.gif

NESBA seems like a highly structured organization and being bumped up seems to be like a certification process. With the groups out here, you just sign up for any group. If you are too slow or fast, they will bump you up or down during the track day.

Congrats for passing the test!!

Are you convinced the 1000 is the only track bike for you? Most are overkill for tracks, even in experienced hands. True, it's closer to MOTOGP power than a lesser machine, but it also lacks all the techno-goodies that keep those bikes inline: traction controll, brake assist, lean level balance sensors etc etc etc

In my neck of the woods, lap records at tracks are being set on 600's

I too kinda want a 1000, but lately I see point behind 600 series. I've also pondered the SUZ 1K with it's nifty power switcher - THAT would be handy on the track I think

(Charlesbusa @ May 29 2007,15:12) What kind of tires are you running??
Michelin Power Race

Front 120/70-17 PRC(triangular shaped soft compound)

Rear 190/55-17 medium compound

(WWJD @ May 29 2007,15:16) Are you convinced the 1000 is the only track bike for you?  Most are overkill for tracks, even in experienced hands.  True, it's closer to MOTOGP power than a lesser machine, but it also lacks all the techno-goodies that keep those bikes inline:  traction controll, brake assist, lean level balance sensors etc etc etc

In my neck of the woods, lap records at tracks are being set on 600's

I too kinda want a 1000, but lately I see point behind 600 series.  I've also pondered the SUZ 1K with it's nifty power switcher - THAT would be handy on the track I think
If I was smaller, a 600 or a 750 would be the best bet.

Currently, one well fed Vman tips the scales at 330lbs before gear. Even on the Busa with right at 190 rwhp, I still get pulled on the straights by the newest 1000cc machines.

I do have a 03 R6, wifes bike, that is almost done. I bought it totalled and it will see at least one day before she gets it lol.

On the new 07 GSXR1000, if you buy the "Kit" ECU, it turns the Drive mode selector into a "rate of change" traction control. A very nifty mod.

One racer at Jennings GP dropped .5 second off his lap time with nothing more than the kit ecu.

whoa - that sounds like a great mod! I suspect it won't be very long until they slap those electronics onto OUR street bikes. it should make them safer AND more fun when used.... maybe the new 800cc bikes will start having it?
smile.gif

Two questions.

Why did you go to a 55 series rear?

We can meet up and you can try the 1098 for a while if you'd like. I live just north of Atlanta and can ride with you on my 'Busa. I know plenty of nice roads around here.

Congrats on the bump. I myself am no little guy (270lbs) and I do just fine with my 600. I know this weekend at Road America, I will probably get my a$$ handed to me on the straightaways, but no big deal. I can catch them in the turns. I have no problem beating 1000's at tracks under 2.5 miles though. I like your tire profile choice. I am thinking of going with the new Supercorsa's with the 190/55 profile for my busa. I can't wait to take my busa to Jennings or Road America, I just have a few more upgrades to make before I do.
You should try another group to track day with cause they will let you run what class you feel comfortable in. Goodluck with your trackbike search.

(MX Tuner @ May 29 2007,15:46) Two questions.

More grip and it's a bit taller so the bike will turn in faster
wink.gif

I can run a Busa powered 1:30's around Road Atlanta... But not on a bike!!

A couple years ago, my brother & I raced two Radicals... here are a couple pics of what these cars look like. They used tricked out Hayabusa engines and I can run a couple seconds behind the Atlantic cars on that track.

radical.jpg

radicalATL.jpg

(vman1300 @ May 29 2007,12:17)
(Charlesbusa @ May 29 2007,15:12) What kind of tires are you running??
Michelin Power Race

Front 120/70-17 PRC(triangular shaped soft compound)

Rear 190/55-17 medium compound
cool.gif

I wish I could afford those
wink.gif

I've ordered a set of the BT002RS's, they're a hybrid between street tires and race tires. BA BUSA tried them out last weekend and liked them. Great price too.

(MX Tuner @ May 29 2007,18:46) Two questions.

We can meet up and you can try the 1098 for a while if you'd like. I live just north of Atlanta and can ride with you on my 'Busa. I know plenty of nice roads around here.
As stated, the biggest difference is the extra 5mm of so of height. The Busa will turn in so much better and combined with the triangular shaped front, it is very noticable.

I would love to ride the 1098. One of my co-workers here just bought a 2006 999S. We are gonna try to get out some weekend when we are both free.

I do like the twins and I havent ruled one out completly. The biggest concern is the cost of Duck parts. Especially if it will be a primary track bike.

It is great to hear from you and I know we will see each other this Summer in the mountains......

(Charlesbusa @ May 30 2007,02:12)
cool.gif

I wish I could afford those  
wink.gif

I've ordered a set of the BT002RS's, they're a hybrid between street tires and race tires.  BA BUSA tried them out last weekend and liked them.  Great price too.
Take a look at Ebay. I have seen a few sets of take-offs go very cheap. There is also one place selling sets of new ones for $269 shipped.

I get all my fronts from a local AMA racer. He uses the 190/55 in soft and I really chew throught that tire in any temps above 65ish.

One more thing...to get optimum wear out of these tire, you really need a set of warmers.

Another friend of mine is running a special on warmers....... $200.00.

I agree w/ the comment about the 600's. I ride a 2003 RC51 with full race setup on the track. I prefer a heavier bike, but I can tear it up on my Wife's 60RR.

Looking great out there !!!!
super.gif

Someday Deals Gap then Road Atlanta and a track day....
bowdown.gif

Back