No longer a "Beginner"!

vman1300

Never Forgotten
Sunday I venturered back to one of my favorite tracks, Road Atlanta. Located just outside of Atlanta, this is one of the permier track facilities on the East Coast.

The day started hot and got worse from there, lol. Temp rose into the lower 90's with very little wind.

Road Atlanta was resurfaced in the off season and there was good grip everywhere. I felt planted even outside the racing line. At the end of the day, my tires looked very good, actually excellent thanks to a good set of warmers with the new surface.

This was my 3rd time on the track at RA and I am kinda familar with the line there, that helped me get into an early groove.

I have been in the "Beginner" class with NESBA for several track days, running times consistant with "Intermediate" at Roebling and at Road Atlanta for some time. I have asked for a bump to "I" for my last 3 track days.....all unsucessful.

After my 1st session Sunday I recieved my bump into "I"! I worked with a good friend of mine, who is a control rider and a WERA racer most of the day. He worked with me on my lines and cornering speed all afternoon.

By the end of the day, I had dropped my lap times into the low 1:47's still getting held up a bit by traffic. I feel confident that the next time I am there in "I", 1:45's are in my future.

Hands down, I learned more at this track day about the handeling of the Busa and improved my cornering skill even more.

I did not take any pics, but here are few taken by one of my frinds in the Advanced group.

roadatlanta1.jpg

Congrats Kevin
beerchug.gif

In that first pic, the guy in the back looks like he is focused on the busa passing him on the inside...

Thanks man......

I hope to someday to have the skills to ride in advanced. I will need a different bike for that one though....

I think you have the skills to ride in advanced now vman! You can definitely ride
bowdown.gif

Glad it was a good trip...hot, but good!
beerchug.gif

(VaBusa @ May 29 2007,10:42) I think you have the skills to ride in advanced now vman!  You can definitely ride  
bowdown.gif
The A guys are blindingly fast.

Chad that worked with me on Sunday, runs 1:31's at RA
SHOCKED.gif

In Intermediate, I can pass in the corners but only on the outside, so I hope to be able to improve even more.

A dedicated track bike is in my future.

(JuiceSC @ May 29 2007,10:44) Props to you man! I don't think I would take mine on the track. But thats why I have the 750..  
laugh.gif
Hopefully there will be a track bike in my garage by the end of the year.

Come on kevin... You typoed... It's not 1:47's... it's 11:47's. Ya slow man.  
SHOCKED.gif

all_coholic.gif

Congrats, man! After handling a bloated busa on the track, I cant wait to see how you manage a TRACK BIKE! You'll love it. I fergit... did you mod your busa much for track use?

(WWJD @ May 29 2007,11:50) did you mod your busa much for track use?
Suspension front:

Traxxion Dynamics Axxiom re-valve kit with spring for my weight.

Suspension rear:

Traxxion Dynamics re-valved and re-sprung rear shock

Brakes:

Brembo 19x20 master cylinder conversion, Galfer Wave rotors w/Galfer race pads, Goodridge lines

Wheels:

Marchesini Forged Aluminum rims with a custom light weight rear rotor.

BPD shifter- smiliar to a Dynojet quick shifter

I am at a point to where I do feel I am being held back by the machine on quick side to side transitions.

With all the great machines on the market, picking a liter bike will be difficult.

I fit the best on the 07 R1...........

Kevin,

Excellent news! You've been overdue. Who was the other Busa on the track (181?)?

The new 1000's are niiiiiiice. I'd like to see you on one of those bad boys!

(Juggler @ May 29 2007,13:18) Kevin,

Excellent news!  You've been overdue.  Who was the other Busa on the track (181?)?

The new 1000's are niiiiiiice.  I'd like to see you on one of those bad boys!
Thanks Alan!

There were actually 2 other Busa's in the B class.

The one behind me in the 1st pic was super nice. He was doing his 1st track day and riding well. I cant remember his name at all..........

I am really torn on a track bike. Hands down it will be a 1000cc.....

I fit the best on the 07 R1 but the 07 GSXR makes more TQ in stock form, plus it will make more HP when heavily modded.

If we ever hookup at a TD or something, you're welcome to ride mine.

Back