No knock warrants banned in Louisville

Firearms are already restricted. If you have a felony on your record you cannot legally buy a gun in the US. If you were convicted of narcotic use, protection order filed against you and so on. How many more restrictions are needed?

Restricting access to firearms for mental health reasons are necessary for everyone’s safety. Due process may seem to be taking a hit but there is a way after weapons have been seized for the person to show cause. And when proper cause is demonstrated the weapons are returned. The process by which weapons are seized is what needs to be remedied. Simply taking the word of a disgruntled ex wife doesn’t cut it.

I am 1000% pro gun. But I’m also very pro common sense. Things like not letting violent criminals and felons own firearms makes sense.
but the second hand market can’t be regulated and in my opinion shouldn’t be, not by Uncle Sam. However... I think that when someone buys a firearm from a dealer, they should be responsible for it from there on.
say you buy a gun and sell it to someone or give access to your guns to someone who uses it in a crime you should also be held accountable.
it would give people pause before they sell their guns.
As for the no knock warrants... The amount of people murdered in cold blood by police assaulting the wrong address... this restriction should have been made a national restriction long ago.
I agree with all that you said except if you sell your gun legally one should not be held responsible for it. As long as you follow the law in your state. It is the law or shortcomings in the law that would be responsible.

That said I never sell a gun to an individual. I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about it. I traded guns in to a gun shop several times and keep the paperwork.

There has been too many mistakes throughout the years where the police have went to the wrong address or street with a similar name (e.g. Oak St, Oak Ct).

Also if some breaks in a persons door without siren, lights, people are going to think it is a break in as the case here in KY. The boyfriend fired a shot thinking it was a burglar and the police fired 27 shots back killing a 27 year old EMT worker. Also the police face more of a risk of being shot because they were mistaken for a burglar.

I agree that too many mistakes have been made. That’s why I mentioned “absolute” so many times. Procedures vary greatly between police departments regarding this and that (absolutely) needs fixing before any more tragedies take place. A total ban is not the answer.

I am 1000% pro gun. But I’m also very pro common sense. Things like not letting violent criminals and felons own firearms makes sense.
but the second hand market can’t be regulated and in my opinion shouldn’t be, not by Uncle Sam. However... I think that when someone buys a firearm from a dealer, they should be responsible for it from there on.
say you buy a gun and sell it to someone or give access to your guns to someone who uses it in a crime you should also be held accountable.
As for the no knock warrants... The amount of people murdered in cold blood by police assaulting the wrong address... this restriction should have been made a national restriction long ago.

What do you mean that the second hand market shouldn’t be regulated?

Restricting access to firearms for mental health reasons are necessary for everyone’s safety. Due process may seem to be taking a hit but there is a way after weapons have been seized for the person to show cause. And when proper cause is demonstrated the weapons are returned. The process by which weapons are seized is what needs to be remedied. Simply taking the word of a disgruntled ex wife doesn’t cut it.
There would have to be a really good reason like some of these mass shooters that posted crazy stuff on social media or there is some kind of documented threats by several people.

I agree that too many mistakes have been made. That’s why I mentioned “absolute” so many times. Procedures vary greatly between police departments regarding this and that (absolutely) needs fixing before any more tragedies take place. A total ban is not the answer.
I still don't see a reason for it. Surround the house, officers take cover and announce themselves. It's not like the person or persons are going to get away. I am very pro police but do not agree with this law.

I still don't see a reason for it. Surround the house, officers take cover and announce themselves. It's not like the person or persons are going to get away. I am very pro police but do not agree with this law.

What if they believe the suspect is heavily armed or is in the bomb making business? An absolute need for a no knock warrant. Would you want the bad guy to be shocked, surprised and quickly disabled or do you think giving him time to arm himself, assault the police or blow up the neighborhood is the right way to go to effect his arrest? Agree with it or not, they serve a purpose.

What if they believe the suspect is heavily armed or is in the bomb making business? An absolute need for a no knock warrant. Would you want the bad guy to be shocked, surprised and quickly disabled or do you think giving him time to arm himself, assault the police or blow up the neighborhood is the right way to go to effect his arrest? Agree with it or not, they serve a purpose.
If such an extreme case a person like that would probably booby trap their house and police would be hurt when breaking in.

Well that indicates that your weapons are not for home defense. An unloaded weapon is worthless and one that is not readily accessible is no better.

Correct, we have no "castle law" here.

We will soon have less and less firearms in the hands of legal gun owners here. There are people trying to fight the firearm ban but I figure they will have no luck in that.

the fact of it is they aren’t no knocking bomb makers. They are no knocking drug dealers to prevent them from flushing their stash.
if it was bombs or the like that would fall into domestic terrorism and be the job of federal boys.
They are killing innocent people who live with the targets as well as their intended targets because people are startled awake and unable to grasp the situation. Further they are GETTING THE WRONG ADDRESSES and entering these homes and killing completely innocent people. Then they walk away with a slap on the wrist.
which brings up the point mr brown made. The police keep getting more and more power. From every administration ... but their accountability keeps dropping.
they are receiving military equipment but only given qualifications making sure they can do the minimum rather than making sure they excel. It takes longer to become a hairdresser than it does to become a police officer.
also pertaining to these no knock warrants... the more the police are allowed to do and will no repercussions the more they will do it without need. And you’re seeing the outcome of that all over the news now.

I agree that the second hand market is a problem, and harder to regulate, but if you're caught in possession of say a car you don't have the legal right to possess, there are consequences.

the fact of it is they aren’t no knocking bomb makers. They are no knocking drug dealers to prevent them from flushing their stash.
if it was bombs or the like that would fall into domestic terrorism and be the job of federal boys.
They are killing innocent people who live with the targets as well as their intended targets because people are startled awake and unable to grasp the situation. Further they are GETTING THE WRONG ADDRESSES and entering these homes and killing completely innocent people. Then they walk away with a slap on the wrist.
which brings up the point mr brown made. The police keep getting more and more power. From every administration ... but their accountability keeps dropping.
they are receiving military equipment but only given qualifications making sure they can do the minimum rather than making sure they excel. It takes longer to become a hairdresser than it does to become a police officer.
also pertaining to these no knock warrants... the more the police are allowed to do and will no repercussions the more they will do it without need. And you’re seeing the outcome of that all over the news now.
Drugs, even weed, fall under terrorism per the patriot act. This is a terrible precedent to set, and administrations on both sides of the aisle have renewed It's provisions.
You're absolutely on point with the rest.

This law should be nation wide. The red flag law should be abolished.
Hi. I think maybe we should send them a tex or an E Mail telling them what tine we are coming. What good go wrong? We could tell them we will not bring any guns, and we ask them very niece to come out. The No Knock is to save police lives. I have an other good I dear lets do away with all the police! Take away all the guns from law abiding people. That should workout real good. That will really help the US to turn into Cuba or Venezuela or maybe like the 6 blocks in Seattle. [ Trump is a very weak leader] he did nothing to help Seattle [Trump is a dictator] he took severe action against the peaceful protesters in Seattle No matter what he does the democrats will say he was wrong.

Hi. I think maybe we should send them a tex or an E Mail telling them what tine we are coming. What good go wrong? We could tell them we will not bring any guns, and we ask them very niece to come out. The No Knock is to save police lives. I have an other good I dear lets do away with all the police! Take away all the guns from law abiding people. That should workout real good. That will really help the US to turn into Cuba or Venezuela or maybe like the 6 blocks in Seattle. [ Trump is a very weak leader] he did nothing to help Seattle [Trump is a dictator] he took severe action against the peaceful protesters in Seattle No matter what he does the democrats will say he was wrong.
Absurd response but you live in a liberal state...make it happen. I prefer law and order. Trump 2020!

Or you could set up sting operations. Catch them walking out of the house. Pin them in when they enter their vehicle... there’s a plethora of other options. As for “the no knock is to save police lives” they. signed. up. for. the. job. knowing. the. risks....
and they are killing innocent people in the line of protecting their own lives. It’s pathetic

Very true - and sad situation.
Outlaws by definition break the law so gun restrictions don't help or mean poop.
Here in Florida, you can keep weapons through out your home and use them when needed - as long as the bad guy falls INSIDE your house.
I'm not paranoid, but I keep weapons in every room within easy reach. Wife's ex hubby tried to kill her (No bull) and he's out of prison - though not sure he knows where we live.
Every human has a right to self defense - even lethal force when called for. This include the police. However, many abuse this - and lie later.
The citizens of the U.S. and Canada are better than this. Our police should represent the best of us - our ideals, integrity and sense of fair play. We should not stand idly by and accept a corruption of our values.

Back