No Honda Team Orders

05 Busa LE

Donating Member
Registered
I saw this on Honda's MotoGP website (http://world.honda.com/WGP/2006/15japan/race/), and it explains why Honda could care less if Nicky won or lost. Just like Ferrari values the Constructors' Championship more than the Driver's Championship in F1. This is from Round 15 at Motegi, which is news to me:

"But as Hayden watched his points lead shrink to 12 points over his nearest challenger Rossi, Honda clinched both the Constructors’ World Championship and the Team prize via the Repsol Honda outfit. With two rounds to go Honda cannot be caught, but with a further 50 points up for grabs in the Riders’ series Hayden is now under acute pressure."

Figures ... Honda has the Constructors' Championship, and they think that's all they need to sell bikes. Well, when Vally wins the Championship next week, it'll be a different story.

Thats BS...they want to have the WORLD CHAMPION on a Honda also
argue.gif

You'd think so, but Ferrari has said for years that the Constructors' Championship is more important to them than the Drivers' Championship. And maybe Honda thinks differently, but if that's the case, how about a simple team order that keeps the spirit of competition, but maintains the appearance of team ... like "We want you to race, but no stupid moves. No close calls into a corner with Nicky. If he's got the corner, it's his. Period. Otherwise, best rider win."

How many teams does Ferrari have in F1
rock.gif
How many team does Honda have in MotoGP
rock.gif

rock.gif

Not sure what the number of teams has to do with anything, but Ferrari supplies engines to the Red Bull team this year, and next year, will supply them to Spyker. And you'll never see them doing ANYTHING to jeopardize Ferrari's championship, 'cause they wouldn't have a Ferrari engine the following year.

Seems that Honda could have sent a simple message to ALL their teams ... race, but no stupid moves with Nicky ... clean pass, or no pass. And this disaster came from his own Repsol team!

Nothing personal, BA; guess I just wanted the Kentucky Kid to be the World Champion ... like you.

I don't follow F1...MotoGp has THREE teams sponsored by Honda and the Kenny Roberts team uses Honda engines...that makes 5 riders Hayden,Pedrosa,Melandri,Elias,Stoner...Honda...and the KR Honda with KR Junior.

With that many riders...and good ones to boot...is why Honda wins the Constructor's Championship
wink.gif

Honda wants the World Championship, Team Repsol now has some answering to do. Padrosa took a line through that corner that wasn't possible to do, no way he should have been racing like that. Not sure what contract he has for next year, but he needs to accountable for his actions.

At one point Ferrari didn't have team orders but if you saw the same situation in F-1 with 2 of the same team members one for sure in the title hunt, you would never see them take each other out.
Heck a few years back Ferrari had one of there cars come in for a pit stop just to put there other car in the lead for the championship if thats not team orders!

If Hayden and Pedrosa go 1st and 2nd at the final race...Nicky wins
beerchug.gif

In a post race interview Hayden said that if they could do that it would be
cool.gif

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 15 2006,15:54) If Hayden and Pedrosa go 1st and 2nd at the final race...Nicky wins  
beerchug.gif

In a post race interview Hayden said that if they could do that it would be  
cool.gif
I hope so! Hayden deserves the Championship!

(manatrader @ Oct. 15 2006,15:42) Honda wants the World Championship, Team Repsol now has some answering to do. Padrosa took a line through that corner that wasn't possible to do, no way he should have been racing like that. Not sure what contract he has for next year, but he needs to accountable for his actions.

At one point Ferrari didn't have team orders but if you saw the same situation in F-1 with 2 of the same team members one for sure in the title hunt, you would never see them take each other out.
Heck a few years back Ferrari had one of there cars come in for a pit stop just to put there other car in the lead for the championship if thats not team orders!
Honda won the Manufacturers' Championship in Japan. And no matter what they say (they're not permitted to have "team orders" in F1), Ferrari has team orders. One year, Barrichello let Michael by in the last corner, and everyone screamed and F1 investigated. Now something just "happens" to the engine or the gearbox or the tires ...
wink.gif

Nicky_Dani.jpg

I'd hate to play devi's advocate here but:

Hayden will only win the next race if Rossi, Melandri and/or Caparossi all have technical problems/crash. Otherwise I don't see Hayden winning or finishing ahead of Rossi/Melandri/Caparossi.

But a "Silly Season" wouldn't be complete w/o a Hayden win and Rossi misfortune of some sort.

I definately think Honda and Repsol team dropped the ball. They should have told Pedrosa to make only clean passes on Nicky. Look at Colin, he has said publically that he will help Rossi. Yet Honda & Repsol make no plan at all. I definately think that Pedrosa felt he had to race as hard as normal, otherwise he might lose his ride because Honda never gave him the OK to not race Nicky hard. Then he simply made a mistake that took out both Repsol Hondas. One simple sentence to Pedrosa and this never would have happened.

There is 1 race left and Nicky can still win it. Hayden 1st Rossi 3rd
Hayden 2nd Rossi 5th

I don't see any possibility of Rossi finishing 9th or worse wihout a mechanical or a crash.

(05 Busa LE @ Oct. 15 2006,14:12) Honda won the Manufacturers' Championship in Japan.
Correct, it was a done deal at Japan and also at the Grand Prix of Japan, Pedrosa was crowned rookie of the year .

Even though Pedrosa has publicly said he has not bumped anyone all year , I can point to two previous races where he was bumping Nickey a pretty good one .

Stoner knocked Sete' off last race leaving Chris V of Australia as the only rookie I know of that has not knocked anyone off this season . Can they take that rookie title back ?
tounge.gif

Honda said priorities would be to aid Nickey in winning the world championship after the Japan GP ...... meaningless words I think .

Click on Repsol

EDIT:

Same link but click on Honda takes 17th constructors title and read the last paragraph

Back