NO HELMET

On the other hand a lot of people here have a paternal instinct.

After giving you facts about helmet vs. no helmet, if you choose no helmet, I don't care.

Capt. hit the nail right on head, it is your choice, but it's a dumb one. I hope you don't find out the hard way.

I hate to see people keep posting whenever someone dies from not wearing a helmet. Where are the posts of guys dieing wearing helmets. Truth of the matter is because you want to wear a helmet you should not force everyone to wear a helmet. The next thing will be for people who dont like motorcycles saying they are just to dangerous and if you cant afford to pay your hospital bills if you get hurt on one of those unsafe bikes you should not be able to own one. Wearing a helmet is not a get out of being dead card. Hopefully you wear one and you never have to use it or if you do it helps you from getting hurt much worse. I will never ever tell someone to not wear a helmet I wear mine alot more than ever, but Its the essesnce of what makes America well America we are free to make choices good or bad. The truth is you are very willing to give up your rights if it suits the way you feel or your point of view. Can you imagine this board if a national law passed that every car and motorcycle from 1995 and up would have to have a speed limiter at 75MPH put on it. You all would be apeshit. But it would saves thousands maybe millions of lives wouldnt it?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
I keep putting these post up there because thats all thats in the news, guys that crash and survive arent really news are they... Your non helmet guys are all correct it is a choice if you wear a helmet, I'm not saying that we should pass laws that say you have to wear one, what I am saying is that if you are fully informed on the risk and you have evidence that clearly shows you that wearing gear saves lives then yes your dumb for not wearing your gear.... I equate this decision to not wear gear to russian roulette, you know there is a high chance of death and most certainly injury but you still dont wear it. It's your choice to not have a helmet on, to have a head injury, road rash mental impairment or death, but I assure you that I will do my best to convince and put the facts out there for everyone to make their own choice.

Cap
We're all happy that you were wearing gear a few months ago
super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I am not saying dont wear gear I am just saying be careful of what you ask for. You will find many more choices being made for you by people that dont ride and dont like motorcycles (some of you posted about liking mandatory helmet laws) Wear gear dont wear gear ride a good lookng bike (Hayabusa) or and ugly bike (Kawasaki) LOL. The one point I would like to say again is a helmet doesnt make you superman. Riding without a helmet may even be safer than riding with full gear at stupid unsafe speeds

Riding without a helmet may even be safer than riding with full gear at stupid unsafe speeds
winkold.gif
I guess that's why some pro racers go without lids.

I wonder why NFL players choose helmets and padding?

I've tried to think of all possibilities of when it would be safer to go without a helmet. Help me please.
banghead.gif

the choice of helmet or no helmet is not even a safety argument..

EVEN the groups that are fighting helmet laws openly and readily admit that riding without a lid is not in your best interest... ok see which part of that you don't get... Helmets are admitted by both sides to save lives and should be worn..

but like everything else anymore today, there is a contingent of people that feed their fingers to chain sprockets, stand on the top rung of a ladder, cross the street without looking for cars and continue to need stupid warning signs like "Staring at an arc welder is bad for your eyes" and when things go bad, they sue or blame others..

honestly run without your lid..
thumb_up.gif

wont bother me a bit and the fact that you do not have kids would likely be to their benefit...

just can not believe you are going to argue this on a safety issue when all parties are on the same side of the street on that one point... I think they agree that staring at the sun is bad for your eyes also

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience...

Wow this is like at least the 3rd thread in a week that I have read in which people have basically attacked people for not wearing gear. Saying that people are stupid or whatever for not wearing a lid is just outright dumb. It is a choice that we make as riders as to whether or not we want to wera one. Thats the way it should be. You know what I say think when its 95 and I see a guy wearing full leathers to go cruising. Wow what an idiot.. Dehydration is a motherhumper. Yeah you really make clear and good decisions all bundled up. Look whatever it is that you want to do is just fine with me. I really could care less what you ride in as long as you are riding. By telling people what they should and should not do or wear is the exact opposite of the reason why we have all bought motorcycles in the first place. We bought them at one point in time to basically be different, be a rebel as some may call it. And here we are picking on each other because of gear? Cmon we are small fish in the big pond we all need to stick together and be one. I am not trying to change anyones views on the helmet thing. Other than quit picking on those of us that don't wear them.
having ridden the AZ desert for more years that I care to count, leather or any gear keep you FROM dehydrating..  We carry at least 1G of water per rider (you can easily go through 3 or 4 G per rider per day)

and there is not a single organization that advocates riding without a helmet... wonder why that is?

again the debate is not about the safety factor (that has been well established) it is a personal rights erosion..  unfortunately for many, they were not "forced" to wear a lid and now pay the ultimate price..

your choice, but you are affecting my insurance rates..  

Perhaps when you have a 2 or 3 year old that depends on you to provide a life/income for them you may see things differently (responsibility does funny things)  Until then ride on and enjoy
So because I have made a CHOICE not to have kids I am not responsible? Well maybe you want your kids to wipe your butt when our a vegtable in a wheelchair because the helmet saved your life and now your a quad. Thats great. So instead of raising my insurance rates now you are raising my health insurance because you lived and require all kinds of medical. Thats just great. Such an asset to society when you can't even say your own name.
I'm not picking on ya I am just makin a statement cause of what people have said in these threads. I mean there is no need to call people that don't wear helmets names. I know you didn't. it just gets frustrating.

And as for the guy that says wearing full leathers doesn't get you dehydrated. Your full of it. I have full leathers when I race and on a 90 degree day guess what you lose a lot of water from sweat which = dehydration.
Your free to make bad decisions in this country. All anyone here is saying that helmets save live. When I high sided my ZX11 in 02 my helmet probably saved my life. I hit my head hard, but didnt know it till I took off the lid and saw the rash and dent. A human skull cannot take that abuse. I was otherwise unhurt except for some minor rash to right leg and back. That crash convinced me to always wear my gear.It would be a sad day to have doctors tell your family that you would still be alive if helmet was worn. Had I been wearing my leathers on this 95 degree day I would have been warm but unscathed. Many on this board have walked away from bad accidents because of their gear. But for those that claim to race and wear gear but not on the street, I say your just asking for it. But you cant legislate common sence. So, make your bad decisions and live or not with them.
rant.gif

Those that choose to go without a helmet increase the liability for their injuries on the state that pays for the medical care not covered by their insurance.

State=taxpayer

Everyone has the right to choose to wear a helmet. I wish the state had a choice to not cover your expenses.

I'm really sorry to hear this...

Here is an interesting story.

Over the weekend I rode the Busa from San Diego to Vegas. While there, I happened to stop at a light and this rider pulls right next to me and looks at me like I'm an alien or something. He's wearing shorts, t-shirt, tennis shoes and a helmet. I'm wearing a full suit, gloves, boots and a full face. I guess he thought it was pretty stupid so he attempts to show me how cool he is by doing a launch at the green light. About 100 feet down the road I stopped to get my cell phone out to call 911... he lost control of his wheelie and crashed and had about 4 pounds of skin left on the road.

I'm sure he's fine but really hurting.........I rest my case!

In re: " Riding without a helmet may even be safer than riding with full gear at stupid unsafe speeds"

Of course its your choice, but that statement is just ridiculous!

I'm always said to see a motorcyclist go down like that, but I have trouble feeling sorry for people that ride without a helmet and perish because of their own ignorance.

Those that choose to go without a helmet increase the liability for their injuries on the state that pays for the medical care not covered by their insurance.  

State=taxpayer

Everyone has the right to choose to wear a helmet.  I wish the state had a choice to not cover your expenses.
Well bro guess what. I guess we will just get like China and if you can't afford your kids then we will just exterminate them. How would ya like that? In other words I don't know about you but Uncle Sam takes about 20,000 a year from me in taxes. Guess what I see link card receipents driving beamers. Is that good use of out tax money? I didn't think so. So I would rather pay for a fallen rider than some dipshit that can't keep it in his pants. At least the rider had a purpose.

Captain, I am not doubting that helmets save lives. Has it been said anywhere in my posts that they didn't. I just said that I hate how people call you names just because you aren't in to wearing them. I guess that is just the liberal society that we live in. Yet again someone else making a choice for me. Can't smoke, pretty soon you won't be able to drink what else oh yeah if caught drag racing they don't want you to drive for at least a year.God forbid if you have a CDL they want to nail you to the cross just for doing your job. Yeah thats great. It would be ok if I joined in and said what an idiot for not wearing a helmet. But because I have my own thoughts and opinions on the matter I am an *******? I don't think that is how it works, well at least not how its supposed to work.

Gear saved my azz. So Im wearing mine. Thats MY choice.

THis is America, make your own choice then LIVE or DIE with it.

Back