No Hayabusa for me right now... :(

unclebud

Registered
Well, I finally got rates for a Hayabusa.... old rider, MSF course, multiple bikes, multiple cars, house, etc...

No tickets, only one claim since 1995!

My 'regular' company (Farmers) won't insure GSX bikes in Colorado.  The next best thing (a subsidiary of Farmers) wants over $4,000 per year!!!!  Progressive wants $2,700 per year!!!

I'll have to pass for now.... stick to my touring bikes.  They cost ~$200 per year with $250 deductables!

I've sure learned a lot about Hayabusa's on this board, and will check back often just to stay updated.  Who knows, rates may change....

Thanks!  :)

No jwcfbd,

I haven't tried State Farm yet, but do you really think it will be much less?

It is weird that Farmers won't even touch the GSX bikes in Colorado.

Maybe I'll give a State Farm agent a call tomorrow.... :)

Thanks for the reminder!

Yes I do think they wll be less. The only catch is that you may have to insure a car with them to get bike coverage. They don't care what you ride just how much it is going to cost them to fix it if need be. After my wreck I still pay about $400 a year full coverage.
Good luck

State farm will not insure a bike in colorado unless you have had a car insured with them for over a year I called them......Try geico they will probably give you a better rate......I was getting pretty high quotes too and what I ended up doing is putting the bike in my girlfriends name (Trust her a bit huh) and was quoted less than half of the price with the insurance in her name and me as a additional rider?? I have no idea why but I assume because she is a woman? she has 4 accidents in the last 3 years in her truck and 2 tickets for speeding and no motorcycle license. I have no tickets, no accidents, I have my license, and I am a valet.\

-Eric

Check around to see. It is amazing how much price differences there are between insurance companies for sportbikes... I found some $2500/year quotes also, just move on. You will find a good price eventually.

I called a local State Farm agent this morning. I was quoted $776 for six months.... or $776 for a year "if" I also have them insure my other autos.

I'm going to keep looking...

Thanks for the advice! I'll post the lowest rates I find in the area.

I'm in Colorado... You want good rates, go with Liberty Mutual or State Farm. They will insure the bikes and not charge you the performance surcharge on your insurance rates. You will probably have to migrate all your stuff over to this insurance company because often they will not just insure the bike alone...

Rates...Here we go...

Tickets: NONE in the last serveral years
Accidents: NONE
Insurance Claims: Hail Damage, Windshield
Bike: Busa of course

Cost: $45 dollars a month. :)

If you are interested, I can email you my insurance agent. I went with liberty mutual; they have been good to me these last few years.

Cloud

Well, I finally got rates for a Hayabusa.... old rider, MSF course, multiple bikes, multiple cars, house, etc...

No tickets, only one claim since 1995!

My 'regular' company (Farmers) won't insure GSX bikes in Colorado.  The next best thing (a subsidiary of Farmers) wants over $4,000 per year!!!!  Progressive wants $2,700 per year!!!

I'll have to pass for now.... stick to my touring bikes.  They cost ~$200 per year with $250 deductables!

I've sure learned a lot about Hayabusa's on this board, and will check back often just to stay updated.  Who knows, rates may change....

Thanks!  :)
I'd keep looking around Bud...that is high...

My husband and I have 3 vehicles AND 3 motorcycles, all with full coverage, have the MSF discount, homeowner's insurance isn't on the same policy, and we're paying $1100/year...that's high to me, but I've got a husband with a terrible habit of speeding...two tickets are on his record at this moment, with a third speeding ticket on the way...

Good luck...oh, and my policy's with Progressive as well...

I had quotes as high as $9000 a year for a Busa. I went with State Farm for $352 a year, but have since switched to USAA for $210 a year with full coverage.

Have you checked GMAC? I pay $499.00 annually for 3 bikes full coverage in New Mexico: 03 Busa, 02 H-D Road glide, and 00 H-D Deuce. I'm in my 50s, ticket free (so far) and accident free. Here's their number: 1-800-325-1088. Good luck.

Unclebud, nice name

Keep looking, I too am with State Farm, $350.00, well $352 actually, for full coverage.

Sane.
Do you have a number for USAA insurance that you have?

Ride safe

Update....
I cannot get insurance through USAA (I don't qualify).

Liberty Mutual will not insure a bike unless they have my cars also.

GMAC will only insure motorcycles if you are a subscriber to Rider Magazine! I am not a subscriber, but might see if I can get the three digit number from a friend who subscribes just to see what their rates would be.

Hey Bud,

Down in the Springs I have State Farm as well. I pay bout $45/month also, but they do have both cars and the house also. The house is relatively cheap, 'bout $600/year. The way I understand it, under Colorado law, if you have an accident on a bike, Health Ins. covers your injuries, so that should not be an issue. I also believe bike rates are also based solely on size with S/F. Let me know if you want agent's number. He's a real good dude and insures over half of the people that I work with.....Well Good luck and drop a line if you need anything.

Later,

If you are really trying to keep the rates as cheap as possible, I would consider switching your insurance companies altogether. Most of these insurance companies are giving great rates because of the multiple vehicle and home on the policy...

Cloud

pay cash, liability only, that was the only choice i had, i wasnt about to pay more for insurance for 1 yr. than i was for the busa, and youll never have to make a payment

BusaboyCO & Cloud9: The really bad thing is that I've been with my Farmers Agent for over 15 years! I really don't want to change. I am thinking about going to their local office (for the district) to see if I can talk to one of the underwriters... you just never know.

hayabyebye: I plan on paying cash for the bike, but would prefer to have full coverage insurance on it.

I haven't given up yet!!! I just don't want to pay more than I have to...

State farm...$350 full coverage. Geico....$2000 after being with them for a year. Was $475 for the 1st year. Absolutely nothing changed during that year. When I got the premium for year 2 I called. I was told quote " Geico isn't making as much off its investments in the Stock Market."

Uncle bud,

I to was with Farmers for 17 years.  I had 3 cars, 2 bikes and the house insured with them and they were reasonable till I bought the Busa.  When I got the quote I told the wife we are changing.  I called around and State Farm said 477.00 a year.  So now State Farm has my house, 3 cars and 2 bikes.  I sold one bike.

Don't be afraid to change.  They are in the business to make money period.  We have to be in the business to save money to spend on Mods.

Tony

Tell me about it, our rates up here in BC, Canada are really poor... I have a safe driver record for 15 years and my insurance still costs me about $2500/yr (4400/yr without a safe driver discount!). Paying monthly about $220. It's off the road for the winter now, I'll be doing the winter prep this weekend.

Back