no exhaust

can sombody tell me the pros and cons of running with no exhaust. took mine off and it sounded awsome
yer joking right???
iamwithstupid.gif
iamwithstupid.gif
iamwithstupid.gif

Sorry , had to be done . Besides....mmmm....lets see
1. runnin like crap
2. 27 noise violations by the time u get around the block
3. new engine . you'll need 1 cause you wont have any back-pressure so you'll eat up valves like you eat up that cereal of yers, Captain Crunch .

4. You dont really want me to go on do you
rock.gif

Just pokin fun at u man....I'm sorry...I'm a product of bad engineering .

iamwithstupid.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

rubber,
take it easy. it was just a question. I took off the pipes to do some cleaning. The bike sounded awesome. I rode around the block and it rode great. no problems with hard acceleration up to 100 or so. as for noise violations, you can't ticket what you can't catch. Did your comments come from experience, reading, or just plain speculation? i know i have seen some drag bikes with very short exhaust ports and harleys with striaght pipes. i am not sure what the difference is. If you actually do know what you are talking about, then i would appreciate any constructive thoughts. remember asking questions to people with more experience than you is one of the great things about this board. There is no such thing as stupid questions just stupid PEOPLE.

rubber,
take it easy. it was just a question. I took off the pipes to do some cleaning. The bike sounded awesome. I rode around the block and it rode great. no problems with hard acceleration up to 100 or so. as for noise violations, you can't ticket what you can't catch. Did your comments come from experience, reading, or just plain speculation? i know i have seen some drag bikes with very short exhaust ports and harleys with striaght pipes. i am not sure what the difference is. If you actually do know what you are talking about, then i would appreciate any constructive thoughts. remember asking questions to people with more experience than you is one of the great things about this board. There is no such thing as stupid questions just stupid PEOPLE.
did you ACTUALLY read man......see the part about pokin fun at ya ? u can hurt yer engine . it will get annouying after more than 3 miles . the rest of yer questions.....who knows.
Harleys are so "STATE-OF-THE-ART" thats how they get away with straight pipes . Sure full blown drag bikes can get away with straight pipes,there built for it .
I think if you like the way it sounds you should run without 'em . GO BIG....OR GO HOME . right?

Your engine needs back presure unless you are runing a turbo. No pros unless you are running aturbo. if you like loud put a megaphone on the end of you can.

D&D pipes are loud as you know what, bad thing is, that's all thier good for, you'll actually not make any more hp then stock pipes. but if you like loud, that's an option, personally I'd go with something that provides performance

Spider senses tingling... I sense a "discussion" about the need for backpressure coming.

Busahead, you said you went around the block and it was ok up to 100? How big is the block?
biggrin.gif

Total trip 2-3 miles. it ran fine with no backfires but a little crackle when you let off the throttle.is d&d the loudest or hmf?

Back