NO busa's on the track?

03busa40th

Registered
I belong to a local Ga forum and they tell me When I ask for tips for the track that I need to go buy a differend bike
pillepalle.gif
, like an SV or a cbr600rr , zx6r
rock.gif
. That I'll get smoked and have no fun, I not so sure that the busa can not be competitive, are you? Im a pretty good rider, and yes its a heavy bike compared to my cbr600rr that I had before. But I still do not see why I cant take it there and be somwhat competitive with other riders and bikes. In conclusion, I am asking all insight here. Am I going to get roasted like a turkey if I take it to the track and drag some knees? It handles well or I would not have bought the bike in the first place.
Thanks in advance for you insight.
dunno.gif

Cheers
beerchug.gif

It depends on the track. If its a small tight track, the Busa isn't as flickable as a GIXR or an SV so it will be alot of work. On the bigger tracks, the Busa does just fine. When properly setup she'll carve a mean corner. And track days aren't race days. If this dude is telling you won't have a good time because you aren't the fastest bike on the track, he's not been to a track day.

Search for trackday and you'll come up with alot of threads with Hayabusa's on the track.

I assume you are referring to Road Atlanta given your location. You may want to PM Kevin (Vman1300). He does quite well at that track
beerchug.gif

The best riders on the smaller bikes are going to smoke the Busa, no doubt about it. But you'll still have a great time out there. No doubt about it!

--Wag--

Which GA site are you on??? Must be GSB... because I have not seen you on BSB...

Well, you will have a blast on the track...then when you get used to the track with that bike, drop down to one of those other bikes they mentioned and you will be in good shape...

070714-1585.jpg

I take my Busa to the track all the time.  Unless you're talking race(A) group, the Busa is plenty fast enough.  Eventually the Busa will run out of ground clearance before a 600/750/1000, but unless you're a racer or really fast, it Busa is faster than you are.  The Busa is more work to flick back and forth, but that just gives you a better work out.  Some modifications I have made to make my Busa faster at the track are;
raised the rear an inch
55 profile rear tire
ohlins steering damper
aftermarket brake pads
SS brake lines
aftermarket exhaust, to lose weight and gain ground clearance
ohlins internals on my front forks and sprung for my weight
rear shock is being revalved as we speak.

I've opened the eyes of many 600 riders who thought the Busa was slow, in the end the rider is more important than the bike.

wow I love that list Charles... only thing I am missing is the 55 aspect rear tire
smile.gif
now what brand rubber are you running street? track?

I'm using the BT002RS tires. They're a hybrid tire between race and sport tires. If I could afford it, I'd run race tires and tire warmers
winkold.gif

Spend a few dollars at the track and have the local suspension guru set-up the bike for you.
Try a tire like the Bridgestone BT002's. Amazing tire that does well for trackdays because it was designed for it. They are made to do well with mulitiple heat cycles and they work great.
Lots of great talk about the Dunlop Gp 209's.
Don't let the "guys" talk you out of taking the bike to the track. Nothing better than keeping up or passing people on the 1/4 mile bike. OH....the glory! Keep in mind, like Charles said, that the rider means a hell of alot more than bike. With a few changes, that you seemed to have already made, you can be formidable at the track. Charles is a beast on his. A BEAST! IT'S RIDICULOUS!

Thanks all of you for your insight on this matter, I really appriciate all of your opinions. oh and 'powers739' the pics are killer BTW. I belong to GSB forums and ride with some of the people on there. I do need my suspension set up by a professional for me(150) 5'11
Thanks and Cheers
beerchug.gif

Thanks all of you for your insight on this matter, I really appriciate all of your opinions. oh and 'powers739' the pics are killer BTW. I belong to GSB forums and ride with some of the people on there. I do need my suspension set up by a professional for me(150) 5'11
Thanks and Cheers
beerchug.gif
I have not been on BSB since it crashed in December... when I feel like joining again...

This is just my $.02, but I feel that a big heavy bike is a great training tool to make you a faster road racer.

It's hard to flick, takes longer to stop, and doesn't turn as sharply. It requires you to be smooth, and have your line predefined because you can't muscle your way out of a mistake (as easily). Once you learn smoothness on a big bike, transfer to a Ninja 500 or 250 and learn how to maintain speed through a turn and break your dependence on power. Then move to a supersport.

I learned to ride on a tall, 500lb VFR800. I had ridden a CBR F4i before buying the VFR and thought it was fun. After riding canyons on the VFR for over a year and 1 trackday, I rode the CBR again and the difference in my riding ability was huge. I couldn't wait to get back on the VFR and keep training.

Also do a search on the Yoshimura X-1 Hayabusa - Formula Xtreme champion.

Re: NO busa's on the track?

I know this is an old thread, but here's my opinion. Are you going to the track for the sake of your own enjoyment or to prove something to other people? I just went to my first track day and fully expected to be dead last. I even volunteered for the "slow" rider group since I didn't want to get pushed beyond my limits by riding in a faster group during my session. Best decision I ever made. A little extra humility and a little less ego will go a long way towards improving your riding. Focus more on you and less on them. Who cares what you bring to the track. They're not making the payments for you are they? There was everything from clapped out old BMW's to week old Ducati 1098's there on Saturday. It's your bike, learn to ride it to the best of your ability. Forget what they say. Any of the 5 or 6 girls riding at the track day could have smoked me in training wheels. I'm man enough to admit that. Big deal, I had the coolest experience of my adult life on my Hayabusa regardless.

IMG_9709copy.jpg

I am old enough not to care about what others say. And I have seen many so called "fast" riders wad up their bikes for what ever reason on a track day. My Busa still looks nice and clean. I am still take my Busa to the track and have a great time not racing.

I tell them I can go on a 600 mile road trip without a problem, have over 225 mile range between fillups so I can outride them on their 600cc. I feel at home on the drag strip where I can dust the track bikes without too much effort.

My busa does many things well and it lets me have more fun in many different situations. Go out and have fun don't "try" to race anyone.

Re: NO busa's on the track?

Powers..... that first pic looks like turn 2 at Barber!

Busa is fine at the track, I would assume that by now,you have already been there and slated your next trip!

Back