no alternator..... battery dying out

the ONE

Registered
hey guys is it true the busa doesnt have an alternatorand the battery is only charged if you have the rpms at 5000? ive been riding my brand new 06 busa carefully and the battery keeps on dying out on me!! anybody out there can answer this? i put good money on this and its breaking down on me already!!!!! do i take it back to the dealer??
HELP!!!!!!!

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and congrats on the new bike...let them fix it for you

Greetings.............

Take it back to the dealer. Today.

Then take some pics and post em up!
cool.gif

Yep, take it back. They'll check the battery, stator and rectifier. If any of these are bad your bike won't get the juice it needs. There are also connectors in the wiring harness that could be loose or burned, causing the same problem. There could also be a short or bad ground. In any case, the dealer should be the one to solve it. Good luck, and don't worry, they'll find it. It's probably just the battery.

I believe the information you have on the 5K is bogus. I wouldn't have made my first two weeks.

(dadofthree @ Oct. 07 2006,12:26) I believe the information you have on the 5K is bogus. I wouldn't have made my first two weeks.
The charging system output is checked @ 5000 RPM'S
wink.gif

(the ONE @ Oct. 06 2006,23:24) hey guys is it true the busa doesnt have an alternatorand the battery is only charged if you have the rpms at 5000? ive been riding my brand new 06 busa carefully and the battery keeps on dying out on me!! anybody out there can answer this? i put good money on this and its breaking down on me already!!!!! do i take it back to the dealer??
HELP!!!!!!!
Good info, like the man said it's under warranty, take it back.

Back