nitrous wiring?

elmostro

Donating Member
Registered
I'm trying to wire my NOS setup and i'm confused with the eitring diagram, i'm using the starter diagram, reading the diagram i need to cut the same wire twice one in the ignition box and the other one in the stater solenoid. is that correct? also i'm trying to wire the multi hub with a relay to it to start spraying when reach the rpm set with the multy hub software. i'm not very good with wiring if you can edit the diagram i posted it will be very helpful, the multyhub wire has 3 wires 2 for diferents output ans 1 ground. thanks

page_4r.jpg

i decided not to use that one I'm using brock wiring setup is a lot easier, still need help wiring the hub to my relay

The hub harness has a handlebar switch as the switch for the maps. Simply cut the handlebar switch off and wire those two wires to the normally open output contacts of a 12V automotive relay ($2 from radio shack). The output bundle from the Hub as you said has 3 wires. Its a sinking output, meaning it sinks to ground on RPM activation. Wire the ground wire (black) of the hub to a good chassis ground, and one of the sinking output wires (white and yellow by memory) to one side of the activation side of the automotive relay. The other side of the relay goes to 12V preferably from a switched source. When the hub activates the output, it sinks to ground, flows current through the relay, and activates the map switch. The other ouput can be used in a similar fashion to activate the N2O solenoid or autoshift an air shifter.

you did it now draco1340 now you will be up for 4 hours drawing him wiring diagrams...LOL

this is what i got so far, need help to install relay to multi-hub to activate solenoid when rpm is reached. where do i need to make proper connections. if you can please give details. thanks

71940.jpg

here is what i come up with, let me know if this thing make any sense, like i said before i'm not good at all with wiring i'm just trying to learn.

719402.jpg

thanks. i knew some was wrong with it couldn't figure out what. i'll learn it might take me some time but i will. thanks again.

help please all i'm trying to do is wire my nos set up with the multy-hub so i can start spraying using the output feature of the multy-hub at 8000 rpm or so, i'm using the starter wiring since i also have the airshifter i'm using the horn button for the autoshifter. if anyone knows of a better way to get this multy-hub feature with the starter button wiring please let me know,I have also drawn some wiring diagrams but have been told i am using the wrong pattern, i been in the military for 17 years and when it come to explosives i'm good but when it come to wires the call somebody else. i'd like to make it to bike week saturday (lol thanks)

Patience is a virtue with wiring of bikes AND explosives.

Here is a diagram I put together for you that does what I think you are looking for. The horn button activates the nitrous solenoid and switches the map. It also shows how to wire up an autoshifter, and includes wiring for the gear position sensor for triming map values based on gear. Once you program your hub you can select an anctivation RPM and a throttle position (say >95%) and when your horn button is also activated, its fire in the hole. PM if you have any detailed questions. At the end of the day its all volts and bolts.

hubwiring.jpg

i notice when i put voltmeter to the yellow/green stripe stater wire i only get 1.9 volt is that right? also i have an on/on switch. do i need a on/off/on switch? what kind of switch do i need.

i notice when i put voltmeter to the yellow/green stripe stater wire i only get 1.9 volt is that right? also i have an on/on switch. do i need a on/off/on switch? what kind of switch do i need.

No, 1.9V doesn't sound right. I can look at the bike schematic tonight, but that doesn't sound right. I don't know if that wire can support enough current to power the N2O solenoid. If not, you may need a small change to the schematic. Let me look at the online manual tonight.

Yes you need a dpdt (double pull double throw) switch from your friendly radio shack. And yes, it looks like my sketch has the wire from the main relay going to the wrong side of the switch.

thanks drac, i got half of it working, it took me awhile but is working, now i' going to do the map switch i got the n2o working just fine. thanks a lot.

Back