Nitrous Shot Size!

kawiboy11

Donating Member
Registered
What are the shot sizes you guys are running with Nitrous and what systems do you use. I have the ZEX system, I am at a 45 shot at the moment!
AAAssjani.gif

11111111.jpg

with stock internals..you aren't going much if any higher....if you want it to live long.
speaking in dry kit terms....

all_coholic.gif

thread should be in the Nitrous forum......
wink.gif

i just went from a 2 nozzle set up (.028 jets)
to a single nozzle .040 jet (same as 2 .028's)

i have a mix of parts

nozzle is nos
solinoid and pressure gauge are from dynotune
enrichment and activation is through a btc moto electronics box
bottles... just look to the left  
laugh.gif

when you say ''45 shot'' that dosen't tell us much,what is the jet size ?

thats why i asked what jet size you are using,the ''advertised hp numbers'' are pure fantasy,a single .036 is about 40 hp,a single .028 is probably mid to hi 20's

That's not what the dyno shows......................it showed an increase of 36 hp, on what is supposed to be a 45 shot, i think.

argue.gif

I run a single .036 jet and it had a gain of 41hp on the dyno. Not nearly enough, I want to get rid of the NX dry kit and go with a big wet shot.

got a question for you, do i have to remap the bike if i move up to a single 36 jet ? I thinks its set up for a 28?

Codu

It might not be a great idea to just throw a bigger jet in without bumpin up the fuel. Try the MPS Fast FI box, they advetise up to a 60 shot with the instant rich function.

Just got the call from my tuner. Map is done.

Bike made 211hp and 132 ft lbs with a 38 jet. Bike was 164hp and 90 ft lbs without nos.

Decent numbers - should be good enough for this year anyway.

(johnnycrash @ Mar. 20 2007,11:40) Just got the call from my tuner.  Map is done.

Bike made 211hp and 132 ft lbs with a 38 jet.  Bike was 164hp and 90 ft lbs without nos.

Decent numbers - should be good enough for this year anyway.
Nice !! Now enjoy ! And buy tires 2 or 3 at a time.  
laugh.gif

Back