nitrous reality

busabbad

Registered
bluegrab.gif

muscle.gif

pirate.gif

AAAssjani.gif

anytime you add more power to a motor, you add more stress to the parts.........will a 40 horse nitrous system hurt a busa motor if used in moderation?? looking at a zex dry system . what ya'll think........i will have 2 xtra bottles so refills will be alittle less frequent

(busabbad @ Dec. 12 2006,17:57)
bluegrab.gif

muscle.gif

pirate.gif

AAAssjani.gif

anytime you add more power to a motor, you add more stress to the parts.........will a 40 horse nitrous system hurt a busa motor if used in moderation?? looking at a zex dry system . what ya'll think........i will have 2 xtra bottles so refills will be alittle less frequent
I've heard that a stock busa lower end will safely handle 220 or so at the rear wheel.  A 40 shot on a stock busa would still be well under that.  

That's what I'm banking on anyway  
cool.gif
 I've only been through one bottle so far though - and now it's too cold to ride.

I see a lot of NOS questions, have you tried a search
rock.gif

Good luck on your answer
beerchug.gif

A dry shot is a little more harsh than a wet shot. I'd drop it to a 25 on the dry, and 40 wet. My brother used some box to open the injectors to compensate so it appeared like a wet shot.

(cougar694u @ Dec. 13 2006,05:47) A dry shot is a little more harsh than a wet shot.  I'd drop it to a 25 on the dry, and 40 wet.  My brother used some box to open the injectors to compensate so it appeared like a wet shot.
Busas are proven to handle even up to a 60 dry shot safely. Now anything over that I would recommend a wet system. I'm running a 40 shot....

Drys should be fine if the fuel system can keep up and the most important part is a tune. I like dry shots or a direct port setup, vs the straight wet shot due to no possability of fuel puddling on the mustangs....but im sure busas are different.

Now that I think about it, im betting that the wet shots spray fuel and N20 straight down each TB, making it almost as good as a direct port system. If thats the case, and there is no chance of puddling, then wet kit all the way, as it will be much safer.
A fuel pressure gauge would probably be a good idea too...would hate to spray with a failing fuel pump lol.

(BusaBusa00 @ Dec. 13 2006,11:42)
(cougar694u @ Dec. 13 2006,05:47) A dry shot is a little more harsh than a wet shot. I'd drop it to a 25 on the dry, and 40 wet. My brother used some box to open the injectors to compensate so it appeared like a wet shot.
Busas are proven to handle even up to a 60 dry shot safely. Now anything over that I would recommend a wet system. I'm running a 40 shot....
Maybe, but one small mishap and you've got a cracked/burned/melted piston. The wet shot is more forgiving.

i have done big hp shots of spray on cars and have a 50 shot on the busa(have not used) but weather its dry or wet if theres a fuel pump problem the motor is hurt.

(johnnycrash @ Dec. 12 2006,06:flamethrowing:)
(busabbad @ Dec. 12 2006,17:57)
bluegrab.gif
muscle.gif
pirate.gif
AAAssjani.gif

I've heard that a stock busa lower end will safely handle 220 or so at the rear wheel.
running boost the bottom end is good to low 300s.

its different though with n20.

Back