Nitrous on a K8

Z28McCrory

Registered
Hey guys

I just picked up my K8 yesterday. Im wanting to get nitrous set up on it shortly.

Im pretty familiar with nitrous in general. I have been running it for several years on car.

I guess i basically just have questions about what the fuel system will support on these. I have used both wet and dry in the past on cars, but im not sure which would work well on these bikes. What will the factory fuel pump support? What will the factory injectors support if i want to stay dry?

I would like to stick with dry for its simplicity, and use a PC3USB w/the map switch. Im assume you just wire the switch to the nitrous activation so that it switches maps when its spraying.

Given that the K8's have a higher comp ratio that previous years, are you guys running into problems with detonation? Whats the best way to pull timing?

I have an FJO 2 stage progressive controller that i never got around to using on my car. Would a two stage dry be possible? On the LS1's im used to, we just spray through the MAF then modify the tables in programs such as EFILive, so it doesn't really matter how many stages you run... how is the fuel injection setup on a K8? Is it a MAF or Speed Density setup?

Thanks for any help you guys can give me. If someone could give me the run down on the EFI system on the bike i would really appreciate it.

For every 50 shot pull 2 degrees of timing. On an 08 a 40 shot will be fine on a stock motor. Yes you can do a 2 stage as long as you dont spray more than a 40 shot. The 08 Busas have smaller diameter wrist pins.

Single Stage Dry Nitrous Spray Bar
MVC-001F-3.jpg

MVC-002F-1.jpg

MVC-003F-1.jpg

Dual Stage Spraybar
MVC-001F-6.jpg

MVC-001F-7.jpg

MVC-002F-5.jpg

How would one tune for a two stage dry? I understand you can use a MAP switch for one of the stages, but what options would you have for the second?

That would depend on how much you are spraying. I have 2 stages (.028 & .024) at the moment. I spray the little .024 on the motor map. Or flip to the nitrous map and spray the .028 in 2nd and bring in the .024 in 3rd. Pretty fun on the street.

The small jets keep the hit on the motor nice and soft.

That would depend on how much you are spraying. I have 2 stages (.028 & .024) at the moment. I spray the little .024 on the motor map. Or flip to the nitrous map and spray the .028 in 2nd and bring in the .024 in 3rd. Pretty fun on the street.

The small jets keep the hit on the motor nice and soft.
You do both of these stages dry?

How do you spray on the motor map? Is this a deticated "nitrous" motor map? Im just trying to understand how you would do this, yet not go really rich if you weren't spraying.

Yes both stages are dry.

The motor map has no enrichment. You can spray a small shot,.026 or smaller safely with just hi test.(from Brock)

If i am going to spray both stages i flip to the nitrous map. The fuel will be a little heavy on the first stage,fine with me as it helps to keep the front down. As soon as the front is settled i bring in the 2nd stage.(button)

HEY GUYS, new to the site but not dragbikes, i sold my slammed, stretched, 2001 ZX12R (that i always took a beaten on from a busa or two) a few years ago and was running a 50hp switch on it, i had (1) nozzle plumbed into the ram air duct...everything worked awsome(a little soft for me, i know thats just dry kits and nozzle placement).  i am going to be picking up my new 08 busa(if you cant beat em join em...right?) shortly and NOS IS A MUST for me! i would like to stay "DRY" just for the simplicity of how it works in conjunction with E.F.I. i am very interested in GIXXERS spray bar set up, but i am wondering how will the air box sensor be able to adjust for the fuel enrichment that the motor will need when the spray bar nozzle is so close to the throttle bodies? it seems to me that you whould have a VERY LEAN condition at the beginning of the "hit"? please help me to understand how this whould not lean the motor out? SORRY for the long azz post, but i just want to be as clear as possible on this install. thanks in advance for any help.......BTW ALL YOU GUY ARE AWSOME THAT GET ON HERE AND SHARE YOUR HARD OWNED SECRETS WITH THE REST OF US, it really helps and shows what dragracing and motorcycling has evolved into!
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif

HEY GUYS, new to the site but not dragbikes, i sold my slammed, stretched, 2001 ZX12R (that i always took a beaten on from a busa or two) a few years ago and was running a 50hp switch on it, i had (1) nozzle plumbed into the ram air duct...everything worked awsome(a little soft for me, i know thats just dry kits and nozzle placement).  i am going to be picking up my new 08 busa(if you cant beat em join em...right?) shortly and NOS IS A MUST for me! i would like to stay "DRY" just for the simplicity of how it works in conjunction with E.F.I. i am very interested in GIXXERS spray bar set up, but i am wondering how will the air box sensor be able to adjust for the fuel enrichment that the motor will need when the spray bar nozzle is so close to the throttle bodies? it seems to me that you whould have a VERY LEAN condition at the beginning of the "hit"? please help me to understand how this whould not lean the motor out? SORRY for the long azz post, but i just want to be as clear as possible on this install. thanks in advance for any help.......BTW ALL YOU GUY ARE AWSOME THAT GET ON HERE AND SHARE YOUR HARD OWNED SECRETS WITH THE REST OF US, it really helps and shows what dragracing and motorcycling has evolved into!
bowdown.gif

beerchug.gif
Never rely on the Air Temp sensor to add fuel. It is not known how much fuel is added when the Nitrous is activated. Make a Nitrous map.

OK......i do understand what you are saying about PC3R MAPS, but what do you you mean the air box sensor does not add fuel? is the busa EFI system diffrent from all others ive worked with?....or what your saying is it could FAIL at doing so? thx in adv

OK......i do understand what you are saying about PC3R MAPS, but what do you you mean the air box sensor does not add fuel? is the busa EFI system diffrent from all others ive worked with?....or what your saying is it could FAIL at doing so? thx in adv
No,what I am saying is that there is so little fuel added when the temp drops in the airbox. Dont rely on that,get a map.

Back