Nitrous Kit Conversion

BusaBusa00

Registered
Hello all,

I have an NX GM EFI wet kit, MSD 8957 Window switch, tach adapter, fuel cutoff switch, and purge for my car and Im to integrate it over to my Busa as a dry system.

I want to use the fuel cutoff switch for my dry setup Im worried even on a 40 shot something goes wrong with my fuel system and BOOM.

If I can use it where would be a good place to tap into the fuel system?

Also where is a good place on the rear of the bike to get a tach signal?(color wire)

You can spend the extra time installing all the extra parts on the dry kit, in my opinion you don't really need them. I was worried that i would blow something up and was going to spend the extra time and money on getting it "safe" and even my tuner told me it was a waste of time. A 40 shot dry is safe all day long on the stock fuel system as long as you bump the fuel in the higher revs with the power commmander. As for a tach signal, it is at the ECM just test the wires and you will find it.

(sully @ Oct. 11 2006,10:11) You can spend the extra time installing all the extra parts on the dry kit, in my opinion you don't really need them.  I was worried that i would blow something up and was going to spend the extra time and money on getting it "safe" and even my tuner told me it was a waste of time.  A 40 shot dry is safe all day long on the stock fuel system as long as you bump the fuel in the higher revs with the power commmander.  As for a tach signal, it is at the ECM just test the wires and you will find it.
Did you just use the buttons on the PC to bump fuel up or did you go into tune on computer.
If you just did the buttons on the PC how far up did you bump up the fuel?

(BusaBusa00 @ Oct. 06 2006,05:34) Hello all,

I have an NX GM EFI wet kit, MSD 8957 Window switch, tach adapter, fuel cutoff switch, and purge for my car and Im to integrate it over to my Busa as a dry system.

I want to  use the fuel cutoff switch for my dry setup Im worried even on a 40 shot something goes wrong with my fuel system and BOOM.

If I can use it where would be a good place to tap into the fuel system?

Also where is a good place on the rear of the bike to get a tach signal?(color wire)
Tap into end of rail or Tee off hose going into Rail.

Call Matt at Dragbikedirect he's got exactly what you need.

Tach signal is yellow wire w/ blue tracer at ECU or behind gauges

Just add 30% on the mid and highs on your Power commander,to be safe...have it done on a dyno or buy yourself an LM-1 and do it yourself.If you do it wet,DO NOT "tap" into the stock fuel system,you will need a seperate bung tapped into your tank and a SEPERATE fuel pump for the fuel on the nitrous.Then put your "hobb's" switch on your nitrous fuel supply.

He's not adding another fuel line for external pump off of tank.........Remember,Its a dry system.

.."Im to integrate it over to my Busa as a dry system"....

He wants to place/position for mounting a fuel safety switch,to cut off n20 in case fuel pressure should drop to injectors.
Matt has what he needs, Tee's off rail or line will detect pressure drop and not affect FP at all.

If he decide later down the road to go with a wet set-up
Then you would place tap to bottom of tank to external fuel pump to a FP regulator@ 6-8psi.

Back