Nitrous bottle bracket help

Brokenchickenleg

Registered
I recently switched to a +6 Trac Dynamics swingarm on my '09 Busa. It has the bottle mounting tab already welded in. I am wanting to mount a 2.5 pound bottle, but all the aluminum brackets I have seen look a little cheap and I'm afraid of it breaking. Does anyone know of a more durable mounting solution? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Call up trac, they should be able to point you to the best bottle mount, they put the tab on, so they must trust them:beerchug:

Its not the welded tab that I dont trust, it's the thin looking bottle brackets that bolt up to the tab. I have heard of them cracking under street riding use.

Its not the welded tab that I dont trust, it's the thin looking bottle brackets that bolt up to the tab. I have heard of them cracking under street riding use.

I meant if they put the tab there they must trust the brackets. Although they may only reccomend "track use" seein how it nitrous. No bumps ect...

If you want a beefier solution. Buy one, and go talk to a machine shop. Tell them you concerns and they can validate them and make something a lil sturdier or say it'll be fine.
Posted via Mobile Device

I rode almost all last year with my 2.5lb bottle full mounted in a clamp like this, and it was ridden for at least 3 years before I got the arm. The only thing you should watch out for is losing the thumbnuts. I crank them down and still lost 2 thumbnuts and a few regular nuts off mine last year.
NITROUS%20BOTTLE%20MOUNT-2T.jpg

under the hump bottle bracket, you want as little unsprung weight as possible.

Back