Nitrous and torque???

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey everybody, I am just trying to figure out why nitrous makes soo much torque per horsepower rating compared to a supercharger making the same horsepower.
For example an 04 Mustang gt with a nitrous shot of 150hp is making 340-350hp to the ground but the tourque is 445-460ft/lbs.
A twin screw supercharger making 340-350hp, but making 363ft/lbs.

I got these statistics from cars with the exact same mods, but just the power adder is different. I know how nitrous works and how a supercharger works, I just don't know why nitrous produces soo much tourque. I know it is an oxidiser and cools the air charge and probably gets a more efficient burn of fuel than in a supercharger application.

Can somebody explain this to me?

you may want to pickup a book on N2o or do a search online... there's a whole lot to understand about it.

a belt driven compressor needs power to make power.... N2o doesn't...
a compressor increases the intake temps... N2o decreases them

compapring two different engines one w/n2o the other supercharged is kinda hard to do... are they running the same cams? same cam timming? same heads? same static compression?

same cams, not too sure about the timming, same heads and the compression ratio si the same I believe..
I understand about how a supercharger works and is driven, same with the N2O, I just can't figure out why nitrous powered cars have soo much tourque all the time. Its drivin me crazy...lol
all_coholic.gif

(Commuta_Busa @ Sep. 12 2007,00:43) you may want to pickup a book on N2o or do a search online... there's a whole lot to understand about it.

a belt driven compressor needs power to make power.... N2o doesn't...
a compressor increases the intake temps... N2o decreases them

compapring two different engines one w/n2o the other supercharged is kinda hard to do... are they running the same cams? same cam timming? same heads? same static compression?
What he said.

Guy

Back