Nitrous and slipons

flfiremedic

Registered
Am looking at a 40-60 dry shot for my 2005. K&N, Ivans TRE, PCIII, 16T, TwoBros pipes. Any thoughts on it?
Thanks in advance

Am looking at a 40-60 dry shot for my 2005.  K&N, Ivans TRE, PCIII, 16T, TwoBros pipes.  Any thoughts on it?
Thanks in advance
What are you looking to do with her - Straight Line? I think you would get more HP from a stock filter (flows better), but K&N is reusable. If your going 16T up front, why bother with the TRE? The slipon's arnt gonna give you any power, so I would drop the extra cash on a full race exhaust and kick the Nitrous idea around for a few months until you get use to the extra HP from the exhaust.

Decide what you want to do with her, and research how your cash will best get you to where you want to be. In my opinion 16T & TRE dont go together - your not gonna hit the limiter with a 16T and slipons. Slipon's and Nitrous can be done, but why bother with a cosmectic exhaust mod when your also looking to Juice?

If your gonna get the gogo juice, have you decided on a pc3r or usb? 16/42 combo seems popular around here for 1/4 mile action, and make sure you get a good chain. Hope this helps

Talk with GoldenChild, he will hook ya up - Thanks again for the Wheels, Can't Wait
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|valium
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137575267 -->

so many people think the cans will help it's amazing.
in fact you would likely make more power with a different head pipe and keep the stock cans. now that would be a sleeper.

so many people think the cans will help it's amazing.
in fact you would likely make more power with a different head pipe and keep the stock cans.  now that would be a sleeper.
Have you looked down the stock cans off the bike, then looked down a straight through race can? The stock cans have three offset chambers that the exhaust has to go through to get out the back...hence you can only see a third of the way down the cans. The race cans (which are the typical type purchased) are straight through...no obstructions of any kind. So you think exhaust gases running through a tight maze and ones running through a straight shot won't make "any" diff? and after you install race slipons you often have a lean backfire because why? less exhaust restrictions-more air flowing-more fuel needed= more power. They may not give you 200 rear wheel ponies but you can feel a diff...and on a 160 hp machine alot of folks don't want/need a ton more power, or the hassle involved in a full system swap...they just want a simple mod that makes a small diff in throttle response, sound and looks
wink.gif

Back