Nitrous Advice

Me too cause I have been told 2 totally different things . I agree that flashing may be the best way to go, and I do not want to grenade my motor. But I have afriend with a Gen II that has been spraying a 30 shot with a PCIII that he did nothing more than use the richening button on the upper RPM on the outside of the Power Commander and he has a ton of miles on it and a bunch of passes with no problems. And I do appreciate the help.

increased it to what? Sure maybe he is at the ragged edge, there will always be people who can get away from what is safe, but why even take the chance. You couldn't pay me to go WOT on a nitrous or turbo bike without looking at A/F on a dyno, pure madness. Lots of guys do it, some get away with it, some don't.

I agree , I need to get it on an A/F equiped dyno. I appreciate the help. Didn't really understand how the 2 injectors worked I guess.

just be sure to have a dustpan and broom handy:laugh:j/k you will be fine most likely without adding any @100% but with adding fuel and such a small shot I would not worry at all just put premium in it add 12% like Mr Brown said and shoot that 30 shot no worries:thumbsup:

I ended up adding 15% via my PCIII for a 15hp shot. Since my PC only controls my upper injectors since it is a GenII I diddn't want to take any chances. i talked to a few different very well known drag suppliers and all had a little different#'s but the sam basic idea s I erred on the side of caution. I am leaving for Daytona in the morning so I will let you know how it works out.

Man Can't even type right, The lower injectors have an extra 15% applied at 100% throttle. I think this will work since I have a TPS activated selinoid.

Just so you know, 15% increase on the lower injectors equals:

.2 X 1.15 =.23

.23 + .8 = 1.03, so you are adding 3% more fuel effectively to the engine.

Schnitz site says 15 hp shot should be about a 5% fuel increase. That low of a hp shot probably wont melt anything, but still wouldn't be the way I would do it.

Yes, I consulted with them and they said on a Gen II to increase it 15% for a 15hp shot. That is what I did and I have sprayed it a few times yesterday. I am running 93 octane and it seems to work great. When I am not spraying it it doesn't seem to be too rich. I am sure it is loosing a few hp, but it still runs relally strong. When I spray it there is a noticeable difference. My friend has a ZX14 which has similar mods to me and I was pulling right away from him when I sprayed it yesterday. I think I will order a 20hp jet when I get home . I will be contacting Smith before summer to order a Flash unit when I find a good Dynotuner near me who can do it, Brock's says they don't do it anymore. I was going to run 30hp, but I really like the 15 and I think 20 will be the ticket.

Yes, I consulted with them and they said on a Gen II to increase it 15% for a 15hp shot. That is what I did and I have sprayed it a few times yesterday. I am running 93 octane and it seems to work great. When I am not spraying it it doesn't seem to be too rich. I am sure it is loosing a few hp, but it still runs relally strong. When I spray it there is a noticeable difference. My friend has a ZX14 which has similar mods to me and I was pulling right away from him when I sprayed it yesterday. I think I will order a 20hp jet when I get home . I will be contacting Smith before summer to order a Flash unit when I find a good Dynotuner near me who can do it, Brock's says they don't do it anymore. I was going to run 30hp, but I really like the 15 and I think 20 will be the ticket.
Smith's point is that by adding 15% to the lower injectors (which is what you are doing with a PC) you are actually adding only 3% to the total amount of fuel. Hope it all works out for ya until you get the ECU flashed....

which for a 15 hp shot is pretty close. I think actual fuel add % should be about 5% total fuel increase for 15 hp, but like we were saying 15 hp is pretty minor.

Like Greg said.... Doing this without dynotuning=Timebomb.

You may get lucky, for a while. TO me it was not worth it, and as bad as I wanted to, I just held off till I was able to get Gregs stuff and flash the ecu on the dyno.

FWIW, fogging the airbox with a 15 shot is nearly undetectable, or it was on mine. I just don't trust fooling the sensors to add the extra fuel, either

Yes, I realize it is not alot. I Dynoed it yesterday at Wyotech and it made 205hp on the spray, it is not a ton but it is enough to ensure i can pull away from the ZX14 I am riding with

That's all I really wanted it for, bragging rights. I talked to John Cornell yesterday from UFO in Cleveland. He is going to allow me to use his A/F meter and dyno some time in May. So I will be getting ahold of Smith for a ECU flash unit and selling my PCIII and Xtre, they were okay for awhile but I think that flashing is the way to go.

Well got back from Daytona yesterday. Managed to spray 2 twelve oz. bottles through while there with no ill effects. Of course it was only a 15 shot and I had richened my PCIII. What a pain in the butt that is. I could tell the bike was rich on top when just riding normally so when back at camp I would break out the lap top and put my Brock streetmap in if I didn't plan on spraying that day. But since we rode 200+ miles per day I never new whare or who I would be riding with for sure. Doing this while at home might not be too bad, but stinks when somewhere like Bike Week and you end up out in the Ocala forest on 40 with a nice straight road and someone that wants to show you their tail lights but I can't spray because I don't have my nitrous map downloaded.

Ya I would have to say you are right, I wish that it was available before I bought the other stuff. Then when I put the nitrous on I really didn't have time to do the flash unit and find someone to do the dyno work for me. But since I am back in NW PA now I will have enought time to get it worked out and go with my original plan which was a 30 shot. An added side benefit with the nitrous that I hadn't thought about was gearing. I had gone to a 45t rear right after buying the bike for better acceleration which it did but I like to cruise at about 80mph and this put me right in the vibe area of the motor. But the nitrous will allow me to go back to stock gearing and still have good power when I want it. someone had said that a 15 shot would not be noticable, but it definately was aspecially when running with my buddies ZX14 with similar mods.

Back