Niouriki Got a Makeover... (also, the good, the bad, and the ugly)

danath 34

Registered
This is a bit over-due...

Much thanks goes to Got-Busa? for giving me a KILLER deal on a like-new Brocks Alieanhead and PC3 USB, AND for taking my hand and walking me through the whole process, what-if's, dumb questions, and general idiocy on my part like a very understanding and patient kindergarten teacher... :bowdown:

With the aforementioned help from Got-Busa, some minor mods of my own, and a good 4 hours of cleaning/detailing Niouriki got a serious makeover. Now she's gleaming like never before... I havent seen her shine like this probably since she was born. Notice the reflections in the pics, afterall...

She begged me to show her off now that shes all purdy again.

Heres what Ive done so far:
Brock's Alienhead black
PC3 USB (brock's map for now- may upgrade to ECU flash and tune some day) note: what a difference the brocks map makes over the PC map I used until I got the email from Brocks! Runs smoother, definitely seems faster, starts easier, just all around better. Thumbs up to Brock!
Scorpio i600 Alarm
Marble Mod
Remove reflectors
Remove stickers
Remove mudflap + home made license plate bracket from reflector mounts

so now that you've read through my rambling (or cheated and scrolled on down) I give you....

The Good: (she is a good girl... sometimes...)

RHS1.jpg

The Bad(ass):

AHClose2.jpg

And the Ugly:
I was in the middle of the install... Working outside in the parking lot because I live in an apartment... It was a nice clear day, with no wind to speak of for hours. I set my fairing on top of my truck because I didnt want to leave it on the asphalt. Then out of nowhere, a huge gust of wind picked up, and before I could react, it threw my precious fairing two parking spaces down! :banghead: :cry:

Ugly1.jpg

They dont make touch-up paint for these do they? I dont have the money for a whole new fairing...

Anywho, minor setback...

Moar Eye Kandi:

Rear4.jpg

Rear2.jpg

LHS2.jpg

FR2.jpg

All of this, plus a new air filter, new plugs, fresh coolant, and a valve check (all in spec) for her 13,000 mile birthday... Yeah, I spoil my girl sometimes...
0529111452.jpg

Oh and during the install, lookie what I found... When I first started her up for the season, I smelled a really odd smoking aroma that smelled like burning fur coming from inside the fairings... I checked the bike over and found a couple droppings, but all was intact, and I figured some rat must've shat on my headpipes... wiped it off, and went on my way... burning went away... Well I guess whatever it was moved out in a hurry :laugh:

Nest.jpg

Liiks good man the fairing getting tossed around sucks though :banghead:

yeah... I am man enough to admit it... I cried a little bit.

I think I died just a little inside when I saw it flying and couldnt do a damn thing about it. One of those slow motion moments when you're just watching a proverbial train-wreck happen in front of your eyes, and you just brace for the worst...

I guess it could be worse... A little bit of rash, some character. Plus its the side I look at the least anyways...

But in all seriousness, do they make color-matched touch up paint for busas? Anyone?

yeah... I am man enough to admit it... I cried a little bit.

I think I died just a little inside when I saw it flying and couldnt do a damn thing about it. One of those slow motion moments when you're just watching a proverbial train-wreck happen in front of your eyes, and you just brace for the worst...

I guess it could be worse... A little bit of rash, some character. Plus its the side I look at the least anyways...

But in all seriousness, do they make color-matched touch up paint for busas? Anyone?

Suzuki YKZ Candy Indy Blue - ColorRite

looks sweet dude...that sucks about the body work...check ebay from time to time if your not going for a new one...

yeah I think im gonna give that ColorRite stuff a try...

And one day when I quit spending all my money, Im gonna have gold powdercoating done. I think it should look good.

Looks good, all except the fairing....that just sucks. The blue part of the fairing is $350 from Justin at Honda East and the black part is another $150. I would try the touch up 1st.

Looks good, all except the fairing....that just sucks. The blue part of the fairing is $350 from Justin at Honda East and the black part is another $150. I would try the touch up 1st.

:Oo: :( :pullhair:

yeah I think I'll stick to the touch up... 3 or 4 different colors of the stuff, 45 bucks, not too bad IMO.

Looks good man! :thumbsup:

I'm late.....been out of town on vacation for a couple weeks... :beerchug:

Sorry about your fairing, hope you enjoy the Brock's pipe as much as I have... :super:

Well, I could live with the fairing , but that's me. Pipe looks great and will perform great. It is extremely clean for a used pipe. :thumbsup:

Well, I could live with the fairing , but that's me. Pipe looks great and will perform great. It is extremely clean for a used pipe. :thumbsup:

Yeah it could be a lot worse. Just a bit of rash. And its the side I look at the least... Im going to do the touch-up, but if that doesnt work, I'll just leave it.

And pipe does perform great. After the pipe and map my butt dyno was telling me it worked... Though it actually gave me WORSE MPG... Though it probably has something to do with the extra time spent near redline :whistle:

Back