Nintendo Wii users?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So we have a nice new LCD TV that we've been enjoying for a week or so now. Turns out there is in fact a Wii tucked away in the "santa hiding spot". :whistle:

Anyone got any suggestions on accessories, games, etc? I know she wants a Wii Fit and of course I want some racing type games (been thinking mario cart?) but also see TONS of crapola out there for it.

Suggestions for chargers, controllers, wheels, wands, etc and of course games would be greatly appreciated :beerchug:

If you're going to play a lot, the rechargeable batteries and the charging stand is nice.

Also, depending on your setup - where the TV is, etc....the wireless sensor bar is great!

I have a wireless sensor bar which is strangely more sensitive than the wired one. Get the Wii Play package because buying just the controller and nunchuck will be about $40 nwhen you can get the Wii Play and a controller with nunchuck for $50! Tirger woods golf 2009 is kick a$$ too!!! I stick to the games that come with the wii, wii play and TWG 2009!!! JIMO!!!

I've got the sensor bar sticky taped to the front of the Bog Screen just below the Picture, works perfect and is nearly invisible.

Games wise,

-Mario Kart is fun.
-Wii SPorts is fun, the bowling, baseball, ETC... Good times.
-THE LEGO STAR WARS IS FUNNY STUFF!!!! Follow right along with the movies, very entertaining and fun.
- The Wife has a Wii Fit in the Garage waiting to go under the tree, so dunno about that yet.
- Haven't really played more than that, but it's a fantastic system, ho-hum graphics but the interface and being up and moving is great. :thumbsup:

Well I have to say Star Wars is a blast on the Wii. Yes the nunchuck is your light saber.

The Wii fit is fun also, just a word of warning if your a fat smoker like me it will KILL YOU!!!!! It now just sits there...

The games that come with it are fun to play also... Tennis is just all out fun.

I agree the sports games that come with it are great. BW and I bowl and golf alot and LOVE the boxing. Only against the computer though. If you are trying to box each other the system doesn't seem to keep up too well with your moves. I like the training area too. That lets you focus on different aspects of each of the sports. The boxing is a great work out. I am no smoker, but old and fat for sure. It kicks butt!!!!

I am getting the wii fit for Christmas, but BW is making me wait until then before I can open it. OH, the torcher!!!!!

We bought speed racer. It sucks. Also bought another sports game by decca. It's ok. But I was hoping it would get us up and moving. Nope, you can sit on your couch and play this one. So it is great when we have been playing hard and want to just chill for a little while. BW kicks butt in ice skating, but I get him good in archery!!! :laugh:

We have the wheel and stand. Never use it since SR sucks. I found it akward to use. Maybe if we get another racing game I will use it. Recharble batteries and charging station is a good investment. It is definitly on my list.

Another suggestion. Stick with the basics for right now and rent different games from blockbuster, gamefly.com (expensive) or your local library before you buy. May save you some bucks in the long run. :beerchug:

Oh and when the game says put the strap on your wrist, DO IT!!! I can't tell you how many times it has saved me from flinging my controller at the TV or else where in the room. :whistle:

ENJOY!!!!!!

Last edited:
This is good stuff to know since we got a deal on one for Anastasia. I too have to wait until Christmas to use the Fit since it is a gift for her, but that's only 16 more days. I think I can handle it. :laugh:

my family loves the wii I'm getting mario cart and a friend tells me that rayman rving rabbids is one of the funnest games they have I am going to rent it but its always checked out
Posted via Mobile Device

Can't wait for this to come out:

GameSpot Video: GC 2008: MotoGP 08 Official Trailer

Mario Cart is fun but the wheel that comes with it sucks IMHO. The Wii Sports games, Bowling, Golf....are fun. We also have Dance Dance Revolution which is a good drunkin' party game. I also have Medal of Honor and it is ok. I have played Cranium for the Wii and it was a lot of fun also.

If you don't know the Wii will connect to your WiFi and you can play Mario Cart and others online and link up your Mii's .

Mario Cart is a hit with my boys...Star Wars LEGO is friggin' hysterical!! I'm buying the boys Batman LEGO for Christmas and hope it's got the same humor behind it...

Other games the kids love...Rock Band and Guitar Hero 2 of course...

We have so many games, I can't even think of 'em all now...we have learned the hard way that it's best to rent games before you buy...$50 to find out it's total crap is a lot of wasted $ IMHO...

No one has suggested Mario Galaxy. This was an amazing game, one of the few over the years I couldn't put down.

Yes, definitely invest in the rechargeable battery packs so you don't have to constantly be buying AA batteries.

The Wii Sports package it comes with is a great start and will keep you entertained for a long while even if you don't buy other games.

I've also enjoyed playing (in no particular order):

Wii Fit
Paper Mario
Raving Rabbids (I and II) but the first one more
Tiger Woods Golf
Super Smash Brothers (with a lot of people)

I didn't enjoy playing Resident Evil, I just couldn't adapt to the controller setup, but then again, I somehow missed the tutorial in the beginning and had to "figure it out".

Also, Wii Play, that comes with the controller is rather boring. Yeah its only $10 more than the controller pack itself, but IMO not really worth the $10.

Based on what others are saying, I think I'm going to get the Lego Star Wars game soon. Sounds like fun.

One of my favorite parts of the Wii is the Internet connectivity to your friends. You begin by designing your Mii's on the Mii Channel and set them to "Mingle".

Then, (set up your internet connection) go to your message board and go to your address book. It will show your your Wii Number, call up your friend with a Wii and ask them for their number (or send a note to email over the Wii) Once you exchange Wii numbers go to the Mii Channel.

There is something called the Mii Parade. It doesn't happen instantly, but eventually the Mii characters your friends created will "show up" in your parade. You can then choose people you want and "drop" them into your Mii Plaza.

The Miis will now show up as your competitors in games you play, or spectators when you play tennis, as statues in Mario Kart, etc. Its pretty fun.

Well that's all I have on the subject, back to "work" :laugh:

Last edited:
thanks to everyone for the suggestions :beerchug: I have found a 4 controller charger with LIon batteries on the devil so think I'll order that... also have to get some more controllers. Funny you get the games for the kids and wind up buyin a ton of crap for the adults to play :laugh:

Guess I should find that blockbuster card huh... we've been using the Redbox for movies but guess Blockbuster is the way for the games from what everyone is saying. :thumbsup:

Manke sure you also get the nunchucks (sp?) for all your controllers.

Back