Ninja Eater:  Diablo 'feel' question

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Hey, man! On my new Dialbo's [basic, not corsa or anything] I feel more 'tippy' meaning it likes to steer easier... my question is, do you think that feel is the Dialbo desgin or do you feel it's more because I switched to the 180 on the rear? I think it might be both. That tippy feel is not bad in anyway just different from my previous 2 tires: 190 EOM, 190 208.
Anycase, it steers and kinda locks in on the curves instead of uprighting itself like it used to. I bet that is part of the rounder 180. What do you think? Does your 190 lock into a turn or feel tippier?
Thanks for your previous Diablo reviews :)

Mostly in the design and the grab. I brought the bike low around corners with out really trying. When you do try you are down to the pegs with little effort.

yeah!  It likes to fall over easier now.  So far, I really enjoy the Diablos.  After break in, I'll see if I get that spin problem I had the crap 208s.  Thanks again!

the 208s took WAY TOOO long to warm up for my rides. I ride and do everything except the track. I'd twist and they'd spin... even the EOM was better :sad: I can't use that in the winter. Tossed them with about half their slippery tread left. Oh well, such is life. :) I like the new quicker steering. It's like I just bought a new different bike!

the 208s took WAY TOOO long to warm up for my rides.  I ride and do everything except the track.  I'd twist and they'd spin... even the EOM was better   :sad:  I can't use that in the winter.  Tossed them with about half their slippery tread left.  Oh well, such is life.  :)  I like the new quicker steering.  It's like I just bought a new different bike!
that is the bottom line for most tires. the tire that fits YOU best. :D

I just put on a 180 Diablo and definitely noticed the low effort lean. I only have two rides on them and it was cold out for both so the jury is still out overall for me.

These tires are cool. Kinda reminds me of a light, flickable 600 now. I don't have enough "different tires on busa seat time" to make many comparisons, but the Dunslip 208 I had rode and turned very similar to the OEM back tire, but these make the bike WANT to turn - almost 'teetery' - compared to the previous plaform. I think that is really a good thing having read and experienced that the large busa turns slower than other bikes. Did a trademark dipity-zipity lane change today and it "swooped" both directions, so deep I almost scared myself... ALMOST, meaning everything still felt right. Feels very nimble now.
I see why Ninja Eater was all a-praise when he first put them on! Right on!

The 180's are great. They get into turns noticably better that with the stock 190 and that makes me happy. I've run Metzler M1 180's on a different bike and so far I don't think the Diablo's are better. The profile seems similar, I'll probably try a 180 M1 next, hopefully after I get at least 3,500 miles. I don't think I'll ever go back to a 190/50, maybe we'll get a 190/55 soon.

I just ordered a set of Diablos with a 190 rear. Should be here soon. Can't wait to try them.

I would bet that the more "flickable" sensation you have is more related to the 180/55 then from the tire compound or tire "brand" itself...

Back