NIGHTFLIGHT, buffets and the truth.

kml

Donating Member
Registered
Buffets? Ok lets talk buffets, as a professional Chef I never eat at a buffet. You think that food is fresh? It's been reheated for days. Why give it to the garbage truck free when you can have your customers pay you to haul it away in their stomachs.

Is it a chain buffet restaurant? They don't throw nothing out. The same dish on the menu gets reheated and added to over and over. Throwing food out is like throwing money away. You think there is a chef at that chain? No sir, it's a manager, who got there by kissing the ass of the owner and he runs ruff shod over the minimum wage cooks in the back who just heat up frozen prepackaged crap anyway. Do you really want to put your life in the hands of some kid, too dumb for collage, and that's saying something these days, well, you do ever time you eat at that chain buffet. The chain is there to make money for the stockholders, not to serve you the best meal they can REGARDLESS OF WHAT THEIR ADS SAY ON TV.

Do they run a buffet on the weekend? No set menu on the buffet? That's cause they make it up as they go tossing stuff together making up names, gotta get rid of it. It's been in the walk in cooler for a week put it on the buffet. Reheat it and ship it out.

You be better off eating the stuff that smells bad. The bacteria that makes you sick is tasteless and odorless at least the stinky bacteria has crowded out the bacteria that makes you sick. (think yogurt) If you can't taste it or smell it you think the 18 year old pot smoking kid "cooking" your food can?

You think an "all the motor work and parts you want for 50 bucks" garage would be any good? Then why would you expect the food quality and workmanship of an all you can eat buffet to be any different?

Hot food is spoze to be kept hot and cold food is spozed to be kept cold. You think that buffet keeps everything at the right temperature? It's expensive to fix that equipment. Hell, we are not going to pay a chef to insure food quality, we sure as hell aren't going pay to fix steam tables and refrigerated buffets unless the health board shuts us down.

And that's the rest of the story.

:whistle:

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Then I guess I'll do MOST of my eating from the cook to order part of the buffet ie. steak and burgers, or the rotiserie chikn. I bet most of the meat is fresh cause its hard to reheat meat the next day and pass it off as fresh:laugh: especially fried stuff

Then I guess I'll do MOST of my eating from the cook to order part of the buffet ie. steak and burgers, or the rotiserie chikn. I bet most of the meat is fresh cause its hard to reheat meat the next day and pass it off as fresh:laugh: especially fried stuff

They throw it in hot water and keep it over night. No not the ( deep ) fried stuff :laugh:

They throw it in hot water and keep it over night. No not the ( deep ) fried stuff :laugh:
:beerchug: no wonder its still so good

I leave chicken, beef, and pork out over night and eat it the next day all the time. Guess I should put it in water to keep it from getting dry:lol:

Steak is OK, the inside is sterile, the heat of cooking kills germs on the outside. Burgers? the bacteria on the out side of the meat gets mixed all the way thru it, and if it's not heated up to 170f it's a cesspool of bacteria. The longer the burger meat is ground the more bacteria in it.

Chicken? Fresh chicken is LOADED with bacteria. the question is not how fresh it is but what temp is it being held at and how long has it been at that temp.

Hard to pass of fried chicken? Pull the skin off, pull the meat off the bone and into the chicken Alfredo on the buffet. "yes Mamn, all our chicken in the pasta is fresh" done deal, and I've saved the company a couple of bucks.

Left over steak? Chop chop into the soup you go!

Stick to the steak and roasted chicken, no pink chicken, stay out of the salad bar. Don't eat the melons!

chicken and salmonella
Salmonella strain turning up more in chicken - Infectious diseases- msnbc.com

cheers
ken

Steak is OK, the inside is sterile, the heat of cooking kills germs on the outside. Burgers? the bacteria on the out side of the meat gets mixed all the way thru it, and if it's not heated up to 170f it's a cesspool of bacteria. The longer the burger meat is ground the more bacteria in it.

Chicken? Fresh chicken is LOADED with bacteria. the question is not how fresh it is but what temp is it being held at and how long has it been at that temp.

Hard to pass of fried chicken? Pull the skin off, pull the meat off the bone and into the chicken Alfredo on the buffet. "yes Mamn, all our chicken in the pasta is fresh" done deal, and I've saved the company a couple of bucks.

Left over steak? Chop chop into the soup you go!

Stick to the steak and roasted chicken, no pink chicken, stay out of the salad bar. Don't eat the melons!

chicken and salmonella
Salmonella strain turning up more in chicken - Infectious diseases- msnbc.com

cheers
ken

:thumbsup: easy. Who pays for all you can eat meat and gets a salad or fuit:banghead:
those things are put there as belly fillers:laugh:

I do the Chinese buffet here.. They have a stir fry bar with all fresh veggies.. Then I go over and grab some of the pepper chicken to put over the top..

I am kind of partial to some leftovers myself.. Spaghetti is the best :)

Thanks for the warning.. I haven't eaten buffet since my cheap dad used to take us to chinese buffets when we were kids.

Back