Night Vision-PVS14

NCBusa2001

Registered
Alright, It's time to buy things to increase my happiness.

Next on the list is a set of decent NVG's.

If anybody has a set with a generation 3+ tube (or know someone who does) that they want to get rid off, I will offer a pretty penny for em.

I do not need avation grade but I don't need spots in the center field of view either.

I prefer mil-spec equipment, but could do without any ATN crap.

I plan on keeping them forever and WILL NOT SHIP OUT OF THE USA.

Thanks,
Chris

You can buy them at Walmart,But I think they are gen 2 tubes.Check also in the shotgun news.

Thanks NJ. I've drooled over a set of ITT 14's in the latest issue of shotgun news.

I really don't need to buy brand new at $3500. However, I would be more than willing to shell out a couple grand for a mil-spec set.

I've had people check at some of the surplus stores on Bragg Blvd. Haven't had anything I'd really be interested in. A lot of gen 2 ATN stuff but nothing good.

A friend of mine found a set "in the back room" of an undisclosed surplus store in Bonnie dune. I think he paid about $700 for them (PVS14 gen 3+). The image was crystal clear with minimal tube spots. I told him to rehearse the phrase, "I didn't know they were stolen." as he may need to use it.

I know people get a little sensitive over "sensitive items", but there just has to be a set lying around in the bottom of somebody's duffle bag or locker. Just hoping
smile.gif

Chris

Thanks NJ. I've drooled over a set of ITT 14's in the latest issue of shotgun news.

I really don't need to buy brand new at $3500. However, I would be more than willing to shell out a couple grand for a mil-spec set.

I've had people check at some of the surplus stores on Bragg Blvd. Haven't had anything I'd really be interested in. A lot of gen 2 ATN stuff but nothing good.

A friend of mine found a set "in the back room" of an undisclosed surplus store in Bonnie dune. I think he paid about $700 for them (PVS14 gen 3+). The image was crystal clear with minimal tube spots. I told him to rehearse the phrase, "I didn't know they were stolen." as he may need to use it.

I know people get a little sensitive over "sensitive items", but there just has to be a set lying around in the bottom of somebody's duffle bag or locker. Just hoping
smile.gif

Chris
" Right Gunny, I have all my issues,I know this because we are financially responsible for these badboys!" LOL!

I haven't been there in awhile but I think Ranger Joes off Bragg BLVD in Fayetteville sells some, might wanna give them a call.

Thanks. I'm planning on being in Fay-nam probably in the next week. The only bad thing about those surplus stores is they don't offer up "useful" info over the phone. They will let you know what they have in the display case, but that's about it. The really good stuff (of varying hotness) you have to go there in person to see.

Only problem is it would take a person the whole freaking day just to check out the major shops, much less the little ones.
I'm hoping that I'll run across someone who is in "the know", so to speak, who can point me in a specific direction.

Please keep in mind, I DO NOT WANT TO BUY STOLEN GOODS. I am a fairly moral person and a professional with crap to lose. I don't like the thought of meeting "bubba" in the county lockup, all because I wanted to save some cash.

That being said......I wouldn't mind meeting some crack-addicted gear hog that coughed up a set of gen 3's for a "Jumbo" rock. -OR- A jaded estranged "tactical-type-person's" spouse that has a set after "equitable distribution" of joint property.

Something like that. You know what I mean Vern.

Keeping my fingers crossed
Chris

UPDATE:

Got hooked up. Gotta love ebay. Retail (if civilians could order em) $3600. On the bay $1200 (just about brand new).

Cool,
Chris

Back