Night Vid!

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
I only got out to one event this year, but still had a blast. Bike was running good, but you can hear me start to spin after the 1/8 mile. Still good runs though! Best run of the weekend was a 7.827s. Gotta love night vids and the 2 step activated.
I got some goodies coming to me for 2020, which should put me well below this time.

I only got out to one event this year, but still had a blast. Bike was running good, but you can hear me start to spin after the 1/8 mile. Still good runs though! Best run of the weekend was a 7.827s. Gotta love night vids and the 2 step activated.
I got some goodies coming to me for 2020, which should put me well below this time.

Nice Pass. Good looking bike!

The exhaust reminds me of the old rotary airplane engines when it pops like that...very cool....

Nice pass! Is that an auto trans? Sounds like 100% ignition cut on the 2-step.
No auto, full 6 gear trans using push button shifting through ECU editor.
Ignition cut and LOTS of fuel on the 2 step! Lol. I've made 8lbs on the 2 step at times. It's not consistent though.

No auto, full 6 gear trans using push button shifting through ECU editor.
Ignition cut and LOTS of fuel on the 2 step! Lol. I've made 8lbs on the 2 step at times. It's not consistent though.
In that vid the shifts sound real quick. I run .040 kill on my stock ECU bike and they sound slower.

I have a Logitech speed shifter and that's what it sounds like too (at least to me onboard)

Actually the help screen on the ECU software says it is hard on the valvetrain. Not sure why but I figure they know more than I do on that.
It is, I think it's because combustion is taking place in the exhaust manifold rather than the chamber. This means that the pulses coming back through the combustion chamber and into the valvetrain are out of sync with the valves, making it harder for them to open and close as they should. Antilag is beneficial to build boost, and it looks cool, but you're right, it won't help an n/a bike at all.

It is, I think it's because combustion is taking place in the exhaust manifold rather than the chamber. This means that the pulses coming back through the combustion chamber and into the valvetrain are out of sync with the valves, making it harder for them to open and close as they should. Antilag is beneficial to build boost, and it looks cool, but you're right, it won't help an n/a bike at all.
Yeah, I get that the combustion in the header means there is a pulse back against the valve but it isn't something I would have given much thought to as being detrimental. I don't add fuel for NA and pull about 30 degrees of timing on the 2-step before ignition cut activates on my Maxx ECU bike. Ignition cut is rather random at that point.

Back