night riding

hitmancqc

Registered
Just took a short ride tonight just because i had the urge and while riding I noticed i could not take the curves near as good as during the day. Any suggestions on getting better. I know the more you do it the better but i couldnt look thru the curve like normal. Any suggestions appreciated.
biggrin.gif

As a non-canyon carver I highly recommend an HID set up and adjust the beam.
beerchug.gif

(hitmancqc @ Jan. 11 2007,21:09) Just took a short ride tonight just because i had the urge and while riding I noticed i could not take the curves near as good as during the day. Any suggestions on getting better. I know the more you do it the better but i couldnt look thru the curve like normal. Any suggestions appreciated.
biggrin.gif
Vision is one of the MOST important things about running twisties...if you can't see
through the corner, you're running on blind faith. Not a confidence builder to say the least.

I would save the more aggressive riding for the day time...besides the critters also come out @ night  
wow.gif

I will add a set of HID's to my list of add ons. Thanks for the suggestions. It sure is fun to ride at night- everything seems a little faster!
race.gif

Take care, it's very dangerous. Even with improvements to lighting you run great risk at night. Deer and dead animals in your path are a major concern.

(dadofthree @ Jan. 11 2007,21:51) Take care, it's very dangerous. Even with improvements to lighting you run great risk at night. Deer and dead animals in your path are a major concern.
+1 might point...too dangerous

Along with speedo correction, hope they do something about the fuggin lights on the '08.

At night, what I do is park the bike and cozy up to a few beers at home.

Much more fun.

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

my advice on night riding: don't. too many uncalculatable variables. 95% of your full of vision is gone.

oops, forgot to add: don't just trust me, check the HURT REPORT and the amount of fatalities when riding after dark. just say no
smile.gif

When I ride at night - I find myself riding much more slowly and taking any turns much less aggressively, regardless of lighting - just have to be much more cautious.

I do most of my riding at night, always have. Almost every busa comes from the factory with the headlight pointed low. 1st thing I did was adjust the light up. Big improvement. 2nd thing was upgrade to Sylvania silver star bulb, again big improvement for $20. Next thing will be to install HID. OMSLAW and I split a set on the group buy, and we will be installing sometime soon. I do not ride the same at night as I do in the day. I slow down. As the others have posted, if you can't see through turns, you better be slowing down. If your use a little more caution, riding at night can be alot of fun and in alot of areas much cooler.

Back