Nice wax product

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
I owned detail shops in the Phoenix area in the 80's and so have a pretty good idea of what lasts and what does not and looks good doing it.

Meguiars has a product called NXT that is one of the first products that I think works better than good old Carnuba wax.

Having put Carnuba up against many synthetics and other products over the years, it just always worked fantastic. No point changing what works well right?

Well this NXT product really shines (literally)
smile.gif

Only caution I would offer is that it made my helmet so slick that I about dropped it wearing my riding gloves the first time. A good grip is suggested
smile.gif

curious if anyone else has used this product here

smile.gif

I tried it just yesterday, this stuff works great, supereasy application, I'm not sure how long it will last but it even made for a quick & easy clean up after our 400 mile ride yesterday.  It is not actually a wax, it is a polymer paint sealant.

NXT.jpg

is certainly nice to get home from a long ride and simply wipe the bugs off.

I have used mostly Meguiars and Mothers, both have good products.  I have done side-by-side comparisons of different waxes (one side of the bike or car with one wax and the other side with a different wax) and have figured out that nothing has an edge for endurance.  They all lose the just waxed feel after one wash and generally need to be waxed again after three washes and/or four to six weeks.  

If I'm going to be waxing that often, I now have a new priority for what I am looking for in a wax; it must go on and come off quickly and easily.

Eagle One has a product called Nano Wax.  It was pretty good as a cream, but no better than the competition until they came out with the spray.

This stuff  works great.  You spray it on, wipe it off with a microfiber rag, and you have a great shine and feel that seems to last as long as the creams.  No waiting for anything to haze over, no white powder.  Two 16" square microfiber towels will do for my Mustang GT and it only takes about fifteen minutes to do the entire car.  If you've ever used detailing spray, than you know what this is like to apply.

Microfiber towels are an absolute requirement.  When I first tried it, I used a nice, clean, regular terry cloth polishing rag and that DID NOT cut it.

Blue1

One more thing about the Nano Wax spray: you can use it on trim, glass, any surface you want to bead up.

This speeds up the application process since you don't have to worry about over spray on those parts.

Blue1

i'll have to give this a try next wash, but i am partial to my mothers carnuba cleaner wax.

(Schism @ Sep. 11 2007,10:59) i'll have to give this a try next wash, but i am partial to my mothers carnuba cleaner wax.
yep, I have used mothers and meguiars Pure Carnuba (pretty much the same product from what I can tell)

Endurance of a lot of these products falls short of the Carnuba waxes. We tested with a "powder blue" acrylic enamel paint and found that the desert sun can beat most waxed down in a couple weeks and 1 or 2 washes. The Carnuba treatments went the entire summer without chalking, oxidizing and still had water beading off.

The new synthetics are matching this finally and I think they have a better gloss

For ease of use, the high solvent wet waxes we used for new car get ready are great but only last 1 wash. Wipe on wipe off and just about that fast.

I will certainly try this other product from Pinnacle if you can post a link to the product.

easybutton.png
I know this is my first post but I feel I must express this. When it comes to paint protection and cosmetics, there is only one. Zaino. It is the easiest the glossiest and the coolist. You must study the "how to" in the web site or it seems too complicated. Once you understand how it works it's the best. Zanio is a mad chemist. This stuff is not wax. It's a religion.

Check it out: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc

easybutton.png
I know this is my first post but I feel I must express this. When it comes to paint protection and cosmetics, there is only one. Zaino. It is the easiest the glossiest and the coolist. You must study the "how to" in the web site or it seems too complicated. Once you understand how it works it's the best. Zanio is a mad chemist. This stuff is not wax. It's a religion.

+1 on the Zaino. Because I was too lazy (and a bit lazy) I didn't even use any on the bike this year and it looked great after washing. Will start everything over this winter and the bikes will really shine in the spring.

easybutton.png

+1 on the Zaino. Because I was too lazy (and a bit lazy) I didn't even use any on the bike this year and it looked great after washing. Will start everything over this winter and the bikes will really shine in the spring.
wow, $75 product?

Back