Nice Middle TN Ride Thursday

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
So, here's the deal - rode to work Thursday; got off work at 5 PM; daughter had soccer practice until dark; wife and Mother in Law (yep, in town visiting) at soccer practice - I tell my wife "maybe I'll take the long way home", and to my surprise, she says, "go ahead fine with me". :cheerleader:

Head out West Nashville down River Road to Ashland City; pick up Hwy 49 West. Never been on that part of Hwy 49, but I LIKED IT. Got some nice, curvy, hilly turns with good asphalt; only downside was too much traffic (but, passing IS fun) and the sun was directly in my face. Leaves are in good color, not too hot, not too cold; very nice.

About 25 miles, then went North on Hwy 48. This state highway is also got good road, but it's very straight with some ups and downs in it. A little less traffic, lots of passing lanes - of which I used most of. Hwy 48 turns into Hwy 13 which goes back north into Clarksville, TN. Picked up 41A over to I24, and blasted back down I-24 (there are several long spots to explore the upper stratosphere of your speedometer), and rolled into my driveway at sundown.

97 miles in 1.5 hours. Wanna go back and do Hwy 49 again (some promising cutoff's I did not get to explore), I REALLY need GPS. There is supposedly a road over near Dover called the "Baby Dragon" for it's resemblence to THE DGR; didn't have time yesterday evening but am hoping to further explore this weekend (but I may breakdown and take my family down to Chattanooga to view the fall foliage) - might try and sneak in a trip to Helen GA (BMW M5 ALSO a good ride)....

DISCLAIMER: While I might make fun of my Mother in Law in this post, she really IS a very nice woman in case my wife happens to read this post :please:

I know, worthless without pics, but I never took time to stop. Maybe this weekend.

Last edited:
We don't have a lot of nice days left to do that this season. I already hate not being able to ride after supper. I just don't care for riding in the dark all that much.

Back