Nice day at the Range

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
i came home and with the nice weather i decided to sight in my red dot on my M4 and took my daughter Natasha with me so she could shoot her 22. while we were there a local gentleman i know named Bob Dupont (he is a local gunsmith) and he was testing his recent adjustments on his reloads for his 1000 yrd gun. i cant tell you how exciting it was to listen to his man and what he was doing to modify both the weight of the bullet...shape of the bullet and how it was cut...squared and pointed with homemade die's he had made...he was even varying the weight of the bullet by .01 of a gram and what a diffrence it made in grouping. he put 9 bullets in the size of my pinky looking at it from the end......if i could only learn a small percent of what this man knows both about machining and gunmakeing (yes he makes his weapons from solid block...cuts his own barrels and chambers ...custom rifleing and even hand carves his own stocks. i wish i had brought my camera to just show you how amazed i was by his skill and knowledge!! we talked about how the skill and knowledge is dieing in America with nobody to pick up the torch.

Yes some people have mad skills when it comes to tuning up a paper cutter. Lucky to cross paths. My buddy caught the bug to make his own rounds from other cases, cut down & such, 7mmTCU from 223 right now, nice to know you can make things. :thumbsup:

Back