NHRA Qs

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
I’m watching the Qs for the TF cars and Brittney Force just turned a 3.65 e.t. in her dragster and Ron Capps just ran 339+ mph in his funny car. As fast and quick as these are I still want 320 more feet. Carny rides are fun but they wouldn’t be if they were only four seconds long. Just hitting the gas and counting one two three fo...just doesn’t cut it for me. I also miss the smoky half track burnouts.

The drags have changed so much from younger days and in most cases not for the better, maybe a case of old fart not changing with the times ? Rails and funnies are fast , the one that wins is the one that doesn’t blow up or blows up last. Completely rebuilt each round, not the way I like it.

The drags have changed so much from younger days and in most cases not for the better, maybe a case of old fart not changing with the times ? Rails and funnies are fast , the one that wins is the one that doesn’t blow up or blows up last. Completely rebuilt each round, not the way I like it.
Much like politics, once corporate money got involved, things got worse.

I like that and F1 as well. Still like the fuel cars more.

I grew up with F1 and was a huge fan. Got in the mornings with my dad to watch the early races and always watched the races on sunday. F1 got so boring over time.
Its very impressive what they have accomplished in terms of technology and safety - but at the same time that ruined the sport over the last 10 years!

I grew up with F1 and was a huge fan. Got in the mornings with my dad to watch the early races and always watched the races on sunday. F1 got so boring over time.
Its very impressive what they have accomplished in terms of technology and safety - but at the same time that ruined the sport over the last 10 years!

The Movie entitled Grand Prix has some of the best sounds of the F1 cars I watched when I was younger. McQueen’s movie also has some good sounds. The high whining motors of yesteryear are much better sounding than the turbo motors of today.

The Movie entitled Grand Prix has some of the best sounds of the F1 cars I watched when I was younger. McQueen’s movie also has some good sounds. The high whining motors of yesteryear are much better sounding than the turbo motors of today.
Spent the majority of my summers as a kid within earshot of the Silverstone circuit, the cosworth v8's sound still evokes memories of that time. But, the sound of the high revving V10s is among the sweetest sounds I've ever heard....

I
Once they allowed the electronics in lower classes drag racing lost me
If I ever win a monster lottery
I'm going go bring back BB/A. Supercharged alterds on gasoline was my favourite class to run in . Sadly I was not very good at it But it was always a wild ride

Yeah! A, B and C Gas Altereds, Henry Js, Anglias, 41 Willys and 40 Fords. Miss em all!

All the Harleys lost today :thumbsup: and Jerry Savoie ran a 6.77 to win in Pro Stock MC. His leave time was a very good .011. Force lost to Beckman in a holeshot win running 3.952 to Beckman’s 3.958. John wasn’t asleep at the wheel either getting out at a respectful .068 but Jack left at .028. Unusual loss for Force. Poor Brittney had a fuel leak at the line in the semi and was DQd even though she had the quickest and fastest car of the day. For the first time ever both Kalitta cars were against each other in the finals. Doug lost to Richie Crampton with a 3.738 to Doug’s 3.779 and Doug got out quicker with a .067 to Richie’s .074. The speeds today in 1,000’ are almost identical to the ‘unsafe’ speeds in 1,320’ before the length of the track was reduced. The e.t.s are about a second quicker. Britney holds the record with a 3.65!

It peed me off when they changed all the rules so the Harley’s could start winning with all the unfair crap.
It's even worse when you try and explain that to people....
I laugh every time I see Hines get tree'd and then drive around for the win, just shows how little skill he has. And it happens a lot.

Back