NHRA/IHRA Rules...

IllusionalTA

Registered
Rules Sticky.. Surprised we don't have one w/ all the fellas that run the 1/4 mile track's.. be nice to have a one stop shop for the various restriction's on the 1/4 mile for given mph/et.. anyone know if there is one? Maybe we can comprise one? i'm a newbie and wouldn't mind typin' somthing up as well..

Type something up and we'll pin it in this forum!
biggrin.gif

Well until i get my hands on the nhra/ihra rule book for the entire contents.. i found this tidbit on the net..

*GENERAL RIDER REQUIREMENTS - SFI 40.1 or 40.1-2 suit or jacket or leathers mandatory for all riders. All riders who run 10.99 1/4 mile or 6.99 1/8 mile or quicker or run 120 mph or faster must wear a 40.1/2 suit or leathers. Two piece suits mat be joined at the waist by a zipper. Leather boots/shoes extending above the ankle mandatory. Helmet: SN 90 or newer, K 98, 2000 or SFI 31.2A or 31.2A mandatory. All competitors running 9.99 or quicker 1/4 mile, or 6.40 or quicker 1/8 mile must have valid IHRA Competition License.

Pretty much sums it up. Gateway will let you run two sub 10 runs before they warn you (about pro license req.)....sometimes they don't catch it......and let you keep running.

Back